View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 10:39 PM   #8
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

i got a few....

one, for future use, ..........get a nu-temp remote and 2 additional probes. The reciever can monitor 3 transmitters. you can have one transmitter checkin pit temps and set its low point to alarm you when it drops to 210. The set the other 2 to monitor high points in meat and wake you when brisket hits 180 and butts hits 190.... or any combination ya find ya need. A link to nutemp is in our links section under "official stuff of the brethren".

Until you get a remote, Set a probe thermometer to monitor chamber temps and wake you when the temp drops below 210-120.

Also, a charcoal basket will give you an extended burn, 6-8 hours. You can make a quickie out of 1/2 inch wire mesh, or go all out and have one made by a welder(or BigAl if he feels constructive). Then use the Minion Method int he baskets.

Wrap the cooker in a welding blanket(or an old lawn chair cushion) to retain heat.

I dont bother with cofffee..... 40 minute catnaps go a long way... its better to get a few of those than to wreck your thanksgiving day because ya cant stay awake. Coffe just keeps me up all night and cthen i ant even catch a few short naps.

and lastly....Dont read. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :) Puts me right to sleep.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote