New Bacon Explosion idea

SteveSmokes

Reaction score
I am still new to the forum. This idea was new to me, but may or may not be new to you. I was thinking rather than do the normal Bacon explosion with Bacon wraped around sausage (see BBQadicts.com if you are unfamiliar), I thought it would be intersting to roll ground beef. The idea being you would mimic some of the more popular burgers.

Tonight I wrapped bacon around ground beef, swiss cheese and onion to duplicate one of my favorite burgers - the bacon onion swiss. I will post pron later. I will let you know how it goes.

Another variation would be a smokehouse with bacon, ground beef, cheddar and BBQ sauce.

Feel free to chime in with other recipe ideas.

Good thinking.....would like to see the results and here what you think.:clap2:

Welcome Steve !!!

Sounds good..

On a similar note, spend some time checking around and you will see the MOINK ball has a Brethren cult following rivaling, and maybe even exceeding the bacon explosion

:eek:ff:

I just played a round of golf in Middletown, DE. today.

:focus:

edit- I guess the off topic smiley doesn't work here :icon_blush:

Recommended

The family loved it. Here is the Pron:

Bacon weave, Beef and layer of swiss(started, but not complete):
830715807_WrfQh-M.jpg

Started to roll(not the weave). Only 1/2 has the onion (parent's side):
830715963_n4Vvj-M.jpg

Ready to go to the BGE
830716119_NVm96-M.jpg

On the BGE:
830716273_wWhex-M.jpg

Fin (onion side cut open)
830716432_iVnFu-M.jpg

I hope you enjoyed!

Sounds like an awesome experiment. Do some burgers where I mix ground bacon and cheddar into them. Now those taste awesome so this explosion sounds like it'll be stellar! Good work.

Nice job..would be delish on a hamburg bun, with onions, tomato's etc...:clap2:

Looks awesome. My first bacon explosion was made last night and is being consumed by grateful coworkers as I type this.

Question: What leanness of beef did you use? I'm wondering if maybe one could get away with use of a lean-ish grind since the bacon and the filling may keep the explosion moist (and, I'd think, you wouldn't have to cook it to as high a temp as with the sausage-based version). Thoughts?

I have seen where people put partialy cooked bacon pieces in the middle as well. Never made one, I think my arteries would close while I did.

Back