MOINK Balls!!! What is that!!!

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Made about 200 MOINK Balls for a Sertoma Club meeting. Smoked three briskets and 2 pork butts and we served bbq sliders. About 60 folks and downed the MOINK Balls in short order. All the food was gone but the MOINKS were the hit. It's funny that so many people come up ranting about these tender tasty morsel and say, "What is THAT".
Here ya go.

Attachments

• The Crew Q'nt after the long night .jpg
    The Crew Q'nt after the long night .jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 271
  • Rubbed butts for Sertoma.jpg
    Rubbed butts for Sertoma.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 271
  • Moinks Rubbed.jpg
    Moinks Rubbed.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 273
  • Moinks sauced and ready to eat.jpg
    Moinks sauced and ready to eat.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 273
Good lookin everything!

The Brisket looks nice n moist - mmmmmmmmm.............

TexasAggie, I use a pint jar of Blues Hog, thin it down a little with chicken broth (so it lightly coats the back of a spoon), add a couple pads of butter and splash of hot sauce. Heat it in the microwave and dip them. That is also the way I prepare my rib sauce. Good eats. You being in TX may want a little more heat so give it a try and adjust from there. Good luck and let us know what you do.

Nice Lookin Grub there MB,, Also nice lookin UDS's ya got there....

Everything looks perfect, nicely done! You ever try cutting Blues Hog with beer instead of chicken stock? I haven't yet, was just wondering.

Nice looking job there, gotta love a tray full of MOINKS. I cut Blues Hog with Woodford's Reserve and it is very good. I do like the idea of beer though, maybe cut it with some chocolate stout on chicken. Hmm...

And I thought I had balls !!!

That hit at the right time and I laughed so hard my sides hurt. Showed the wifey and she laughed about as much as me. Gotta love this site with these great posts.

Everything looks perfect, nicely done! You ever try cutting Blues Hog with beer instead of chicken stock? I haven't yet, was just wondering.

Didn't think about that but sounds like a good option. I may try that this weekend. I like beer in recipes and cooked enough to remove the alcohol for the leftover flavors. Interesting.

Good lookin' eats right there! MOINKs & brisky - great combination.

Didn't think about that but sounds like a good option. I may try that this weekend. I like beer in recipes and cooked enough to remove the alcohol for the leftover flavors. Interesting.

First heard about cutting BBQ sauce with beer from my dad about 30 years ago. I've always kind of discounted it once I became more serious about BBQ, but lately I've read a few posts or blogs recently from people who have tried it with good results. Your comment about cutting Blues Hog with chicken stock reminded me about that, which is why I asked. I'll probably give it a shot next time also, as Blues Hog is so thick.

Once again, everything looked amazing, including the brisky!

Saiko, you are right about the Blues Hog being thick which is why we thin it down a bit. We really like the mild flavor and color. I think it is a sauce you can do a lot with.

As a Certified MOINK Ball Judge by the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society I give you nines all the way across.

Back