Beer Anyone?

as far as light beer goes i cant get enough of Old Milwaukee Light. bar far the best light beer for a beer drinker. if im not drinking that (very rare that im not). Blue Moon or Boulevard Wheat are my other staples.

For those who enjoy Pilsners may I suggest Black Dog Brewery's Doggie Style Pilsner. Brewed with the worlds finest czech pilsen malts available in Manorville, New York, it has been critically acclaimed by those who had their stomach turned by this nectar born of unadulterated zymurgy genius.
If you are ever in the Doggy Style Pilsner capitol of the world Manorville, New York you are invited to visit the Black Dog Brewery to sample this and our other world famous in Manorville, craftbrewed beers.

Doggy Style.jpg

Black Dog Brewery

PS: In reality my Doggie Style Pilsner took a red ribbon in a local beer competition in the Pilsner Catagory.

Agreed

I seldom consciously pair food and beer. I usually drink a beer before a good meal, and perhaps a sipper for afters, but it's water or wine with food.

I usually pair beer to the weather or season. Right now, dark and rich is in the fridge.

Try this. It's an after dinner sipper.

http://www.bluegrassbrew.com/bbstout.htm

Dave
I am definately one who pairs to the season as well. Hef in the summer, red's and pale's in the fall, stouts and porters in the winter, and IPA's and lagers in the spring.

It's a bit sweet, so don't think about downing a six-pack at one sitting, but this stuff really compliments smokey foods well. It's a dopplebock.

Beer-Paulaner-Salvator-Doppelbock.jpg

I fancy myself a beer every now and again. I've taken to homebrewing this year and it's changed how I select beer (just like this site has changed how I select meat). I'll substitute Rogue for the Stone brewery myself, and Dogfish Head is great as well. I'm not big on hoppy brews so I leave the Fat Tire but get the 1554 from New Belgium.
I travel a lot for work and make a point to try local Q and brew (I'll never have another Grain Belt, but I tried 2 to make sure, "Premium" my butt). I've been lucky enough to tour Spoetzl brewery in Shiner because of that, have a PBR in Milwaukee, a Grain Belt in New Ulm (I like the other stuff they put out FWIW), a Brooklyn Brown Ale in the Botanical Gardens, and Bud in Busch Stadium and Sam Adams in Fenway.
I haven't found one I don't like, but I know a few I won't have again. As far as pairings go, stouts and porters go with everything for me, as does a Caffrey's when you can find it.

My everyday beer (and I mean every day!) is good old Budweiser. I also like a good hoppy ale like Dogfish Head 90 IPA or Sierra Nevada.

The two most unique beers I can think of and two of my all time favorites are:

Orval - Amazing Belgian monastery ale. The only monastery that brews only one style and that is Orval. Slight Flemish style (horse blanket nose). Awesome stuff.

Cave Creek Chili Beer - This is the best BBQ beer in the world. A Corona style larger with a serano chilli inside the bottle. Very hard to find in the east but amazing stuff. beer with a kick. It's addicting. Made in Cave Creek AZ by Crazy Eddy.

Beer: It's whats for breakfast. :-D

When (more likely, IF) I get my BBQ joint going, I would love to do beer pairings. No Bud or Miller, but real beer for real flavor.

Third Stone Brown Ale has a great coffee hint to the hoppy aftertaste. Problem is, while it's brewed in Lincoln NE, it's even hard to find out here. Shiner has about anything I really crave anyhow, and they are becoming readily available just about anywhere.

When (more likely, IF) I get my BBQ joint going, I would love to do beer pairings. No Bud or Miller, but real beer for real flavor.

Third Stone Brown Ale has a great coffee hint to the hoppy aftertaste. Problem is, while it's brewed in Lincoln NE, it's even hard to find out here. Shiner has about anything I really crave anyhow, and they are becoming readily available just about anywhere.

Man, you get that place goin' and I'm there! Heck, this site will drive all the foot traffic you need!:biggrin:

What you gonna pair your brisket with...............bleach?:wink: Love ya, Shane! You got your helmet on? It's WHEN you get it, not IF! You will do this my brother.

My pairing is simple.........HOT bbq and COLD beer.

What you gonna pair your brisket with...............bleach?:wink: Love ya, Shane! You got your helmet on? It's WHEN you get it, not IF! You will do this my brother.

My pairing is simple.........HOT bbq and COLD beer.

I can dig it! :-D

Anybody in here brewing their own? I know, how many hobbies does one Farker have? But we all take so much time with our Que, just wondering who does the same with their Brew?

Mothers Milk,from Keegan ales in Kingston ny,,has a little smoky hint to it,very dark, but smoooooth!,oh & their hurricane kitty & old capital are good too...but my every day favorite for quenching thirst is michelobe light.

Anybody in here brewing their own? I know, how many hobbies does one Farker have? But we all take so much time with our Que, just wondering who does the same with their Brew?

Look at post #22. I brewed it back in September on my brewery pictured below:

black dog1.jpg

I expect that a great many here brew their own. I think you have a website of people wanting to maximize their flavor, not just in food, but also in drink. I know that I can BBQ better than most restaurants and I think it's much easier to get a good beer than a good BBQ. I have tasted few homebrews that are not better than anything commercial. This time of year, I usually have a few in process, along with cider. The only time I buy beer is when I'm traveling.

Back