View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #13
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

That's a nice price for the Legacy.

I own a Gourmet and think it is a great grill. My Weber OTP & 18" OTG went pretty much unused after getting it and I ultimately sold the kettles.

Under the logo it reads "Grill, Bake, or Smoke" and IMO that's how those functions rank on it. Depending on what else you cook on, your assessment could vary. If you cook on a UDS, WSM, insulated cabinet smoker, pellet pooper, or kamado and love long cooks with no reloading of charcoal & getting some sleep on overnight cooks, you probably won't care for reloading every 3-4 hours. If you're used to tending a stick burner you'll probably like that you can go 3-4 hours without reloading. As a BGE, UDS, and WSM owner, I found a 6-7 hour smoke (with reloading) on my Hasty Bake to be my limit and likely won't repeat it as long as I have the other cookers.

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote