Reverse Sear Prime Rib (pics)

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
13# @ $7.75/lb. Yikes. Anyway, 235 for 2:45 in the BGE. Then removed it and cranked up the heat to 500 and seared 1 min per side. Internal temp was 122 and not climbing :mmph: So I took the opportunity to apply some glaze and put it back on at 275 for about 45 min til it got to 129-130.

Used Montreal steak seasoning and inserted sliced garlic ever 2 inches or so and got some thumbs up from the fam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 240
nom-lonely-island.gif

Thanks for the kind words folks.

What was the internal temp before the sear?

Around 120. I wanted to end up at 130 when all was said and done. I read to plan for temp to rise about 10 degrees after removing from cooker - that didn't happen so that's why I popped it back on.

Fortunately my Seahawks had an easy game going against Jax so I was able yo multitask :clap:

Nice looking prime rib! I've never used a glaze on prime rib. What type of glaze did you use?

Me either, usually just do S&P. Glaze was water, beef base, chili powder, crushed garlic, cayenne, lemon pepper and canola oil which I immersion blended. I got it from serious BBQ and it was pretty good on the meat but no good to use the drippings for au jus.

Back