• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Holiday Festive" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Holiday Festive"[/size]
thanksgiving-feast.jpg

Anonymous photo

...as chosen by ecode, the winner of the Cakes and Pies Throwdown!

This is basically an open category for you to show off a festive holiday dish. Please follow the rules for your dish though.

Here are the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 11/20 - 11/29 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 11/29.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 11/30 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 12/4. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Hot and Fast Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night (11/22)!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Beer, Wine & Spirits Throwdown.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I'm doing the whole meal outside on the cookers, so this should be fun! Will include a 30 lbs free-range turkey

Oh, I'm down with this one. Thawing my turkey now.

At first I thought this was a Festivus throwdown. First the airing of grievances.

Oh, I'm down with this one. Thawing my turkey now.

At first I thought this was a Festivus throwdown. First the airing of grievances.
Crap! I have a bunch of boxes piled up by the crawlspace where the Festivus Pole is stored. I don't know if I can get to it in time!:biggrin:

everyone knows festivus is dec 23. :biggrin:

tinsel is distracting.

We could have a throwdown for Fesitivus... for the Best-of-us, to do only non-traditional Christmas foods presented in a Christmas-y way... Then again, if I want that, I better figure out a way to win one of these damn things!

Just a good ol' turkey...but very very good! Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Attachments

• 2009 turkey 6.jpg
    2009 turkey 6.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 274
Here's my first throwdown entry. I just started playing with my new crime scene camera, so be gentle. :biggrin:

Turkeythrowdown2.jpg

Might as well throw mine in here. Not really throwdown worthy, but it's the only one I have. Turkey breasts cooked on the UDS. The ham was cooked in the BGE. The turkey kinda got covered up by the ham and some gravy. But everything tastes better when eaten off of an air hockey table. My house was so crowded that was the only spot I could find.

tdayplate.jpg

Back