View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #33
dsp2
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmorrow2s View Post
Hi Brethren,

I mainly came to this forum looking for THE BEST smoker for the money, but found that this forum is way much more than that. I have enjoyed pouring over tips, tricks, and constant positivity found here and since then, my food has greatly improved. Thank you for that!!!

Any-who, after watching pitmasters, I want to get a smoker and had no clue where to start; however, I had an inkling cheap smokers bought at box stores were not the best beginning. So, I researched and found the Myron Mixon Smokers, and fell in love with them, but found them to be well out of my price range. Then I found the LSG cabinets and pipe smokers or a shirley fab and thought that were everything I was looking for. So, my fiance and I agreed that after we get married (11/5/16) I could start saving for one. Then we started planning the wedding, and my budget crumbled. Bc of this, I became very depressed, but I stumbled upon a WSM and have read of all of the AWESOME food it produced, bc I learned that it is THE COOK that makes great food, not necessarily the vessel in which you cook in.

That being said, I can almost immediately purchase a WSM but I am unable to find a dealer in the Springfield, IL area that caries them. I did not know if you guys had purchased one online and if so would you recommend one site over another??? Also what size should I get??? I have read to go bigger than what you originally intent to use bc it will fill up fast and I will outgrow it if I take it to comps and such...

If this is a duplicate post or in the wrong section I am sorry and if that is the case, could you point me in the correct direction

Thank you
Josh
I love your post, your positivity, and your enthusiasm. And congrats on the pending nuptials!

If I were you I'd go to smile.amazon.com and just order the 18.5 inch WSM. Split the difference between the big (22 inch) and small (14.5 inch). You can pick up one or both of them down the road.

You will love the WSM and cook some mean BBQ. Good luck and hang around here for help!
dsp2
dsp2 is offline   Reply With Quote