BBQ Brethren "I'd never eat that! (Innards)" Throwdown

THis is gonna sound so wrong but I'm gonna say it!! I want your tongue in my mouth!!:twisted: Dang that looks good!! I hit that in a heartbeat!! Nice!

Man, I was waiting for tongue, that looks good.

A Tongue Taco, you say...

Picture002.jpg

Placed into some salt water and turned around for just a second and the darn thing was trying to crawl out.

Picture020-1.jpg

So I smacked it once and covered it with water and stuck it in the fridge overnight. Simmered it for 2 hours and skinned the devil.

Picture075.jpg

Threw it on the Egg for about an hour and a half.

Picture100-2.jpg

Removed from Egg and threw onto the Weber for a couple minutes.

Picture127-1.jpg

Sliced and Chopped a few pieces.

Picture133.jpg

Picture142-1.jpg

The Taco, Throwdown Pic.

Picture213.jpg

Whoa haven't looked at this thread since Friday but I've been wondering what I'd find today. That if farking awesome! I love lengua and that taco looks killer!

When I (Gore) was found by Master left in a blanket on his doorstep many years ago, he had no experience before with babies. When I (Gore) was teething, he used to make special pacifiers for me. They not only relieved my sore gums, but they made me strong and gave me a taste for smoke. Master wanted to wish congratulations to Chris for his new Baby Lucy:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75281&highlight=bigabyte
He also wanted to show there were no hard feelings after he did penance for his role in the Great Eggplant Deception. He planned to make a special meal for the family during the next throwdown. I (Gore) realize American-style innards (tubesteak) are offal, but there is nothing a bacon-weave cannot improve. Here is homemade winter ale for Chris, bacon-wrapped tube-steak with fried onions and peppers for Mom and a special Fattsifier for Baby Lucy -- it is made with three different sausages and bacon-weave.

IMG_4768.jpg
Fantastic! I am pleased that we can put the whole Eggplant debacle behind us. It seemed funny at the time, and that was indeed one mean looking eggplant dish! That shot looking up at the dish has been haunting my dreams. That winter ale looks mighty good back there. My wife was honored that you offered her a tubesteak wrapped in bacon, but she was too sore so I had to take the tubesteak for her. Hope you are not offended in any way!:lol: As for Lucy, who is of course very grateful for her new Fattsifier, she now only stops crying in the scent of sweet blue, or when cooking sausage and/or bacon. Scary.

Picture002.jpg

That looks seriously good! That one looks like it had a piercing..... those young heifers are doing everything these days. :biggrin:

LOL, it looks like the butcher hooked it to remove, it was pierced deep. No tattoo's though!

BTW, I failed to Thank thirdeye for the help on this cook. My original post will not let me edit.

I figure since I picked this Offal Throwdown topic, I should toss in an entry......how bout some Tacos de Corazon! (beef heart)
4267235603_2daa464b76_o.jpg

Here's a raw shot.......
4268000428_33a1077073.jpg

I marinaded in some wooster for about an hour then onto the gasser. They cooked up on the CI griddle with some EVOO and a few shots of beer to help tenderize. It was the best I could do since today was a late day at work and it was a bit nipply outside. I found these big arse serrano peppers. They averaged about 5-6 inches in length and were nice and hot.

Njoy.

Last edited:
That is beautiful Bob!
I see you've got a little green pacifier on the bottom too?
(perhaps not for babies though)

Dang! These entries are looking fantastic, and are making me think about going down to the butcher and trying out some of this stuff. I won't be able to tell the wife what it is though.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone that this category is still open this weekend, and closes Sunday night. Also, I want to announce that starting Friday, we will have a new category starting up as chosen by Meat Burner. I would tell you what it is, but I don't want to spoil the surprise. It's a good one, at least I think it is. Then again, I really liked the Vegetable idea too!:biggrin:

Can't Wait!!!

Since the contest is open through the weekend, i'm gonna have to hit the butcher tomorrow...

Don't want to give away too much, but want to wet everyone's appetite...

Two Words; Angus Anus

Look what you made me do! I touched chicken livers for you guys...yech!:icon_sick I want to go on record that I think innards are disgusting, but I love a challenge! You guys kept saying, "but if they're cooked right," so here is the only innard I've been able to stomach, pate.

IMG_0704.jpg

There's also some ground pork whirled together in a food processor, green onions, parsley, cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper.

IMG_0710.jpg

Also added some sherry and brandy.

IMG_0713.jpg

You guys have got to like this, it's wrapped in bacon!

IMG_0714.jpg

I smoked this on the Primo Oval in a water bath for about 2 hours at 300* with hickory chips (those are my foiled ribs in the background getting ready for dinner).

IMG_0715.jpg

One last step, is that when it cools, it is wrapped in foil and weighted down with bricks to compress it. Served with fresh bread and tomatoes, it is delicious.
IMG_0762.jpg

Look what you made me do! I touched chicken livers for you guys...yech!:icon_sick I want to go on record that I think innards are disgusting, but I love a challenge! You guys kept saying, "but if they're cooked right," so here is the only innard I've been able to stomach, pate.

IMG_0704.jpg

There's also some ground pork whirled together in a food processor, green onions, parsley, cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper.

IMG_0710.jpg

Also added some sherry and brandy.

IMG_0713.jpg

You guys have got to like this, it's wrapped in bacon!

IMG_0714.jpg

I smoked this on the Primo Oval in a water bath for about 2 hours at 300* with hickory chips (those are my foiled ribs in the background getting ready for dinner).

IMG_0715.jpg

One last step, is that when it cools, it is wrapped in foil and weighted down with bricks to compress it. Served with fresh bread and tomatoes, it is delicious.
IMG_0762.jpg
woot a pate fatty. still wouldnt eat it.. haha. BUT good job dude.

I think that is the first ever "fate" (pronounced, fat-tay).

And, so far my vote for the best dish in this disgusting challenge!

Back