Pit beotch ? at a KCBS comp

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Can a cook do a category for 2 different teams at the same contest if they are not the head cook of either team? Like if i were do show up cook ribs for team A and then go over and do brisket for team B?

ok, so can you cook at one site and coach at the one next to you? what constitutes cooking? actually touching the food?

This must be you're first rodeo son...: )

go for it

I was thinking that i might have to help you in getting acclimated back into comp cooking since its been a few years so i id take a category for you, how about chicken?

thank goodness that surveys and such knowledgeable info was available on here in yesteryear. Sigh, the good ole days. You think smoker is gonna be at the bash this summer at phils house?

I was thinking that i might have to help you in getting acclimated back into comp cooking since its been a few years so i id take a category for you, how about chicken?

thank goodness that surveys and such knowledgeable info was available on here in yesteryear. Sigh, the good ole days. You think smoker is gonna be at the bash this summer at phils house?

Thanks for the chicken offer, but considering you're track record of assisting me, I'll pass...

Can't wait for the bash....

ok, so can you cook at one site and coach at the one next to you? what constitutes cooking? actually touching the food?
That'd be one for the reps, I guess.

I've certainly helped by answering questions for a rookie team in the spot next to ours . . . and I've been helped with advice from a seasoned veteran in a spot next to ours.

So, yeah - I'd say a team and cooks can and should share knowledge and techniques if they want to - but don't actually trim, prep, place meat in cooker, check on its progress, check pit temp, build boxes - all that actual hands on cooking stuff I think would violate rule 2.

But like I said, that'd be one for the reps. And I'm sure they'd be happy to answer your question if you asked them - that's what they're there for.

Back