Best BBQ Book ?

A

ahofmann

HI there,

wondering which BBQ Recipe Books you found most helpful. My personal favorite is "The Thrill of the Grill"

Thanks,
Andreas

For me, it used to be the "How To" BBQ Book by Steven Raichlen, but lately I have been going back and forth between Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Cookbook and Paul Kirk's championship BBQ.

If I had to pick one it would be Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Cookbook. Followed by Peace Love and BBQ, and the rest of Dr. BBQ's books.

Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ. I like it so much, I bought a copy for my B-I-L (he still leaves the membrane on though).

Matt

Besides what was already mentioned...

Smoke and Spice - The Jamison's
Serious Baarbecue - Adam Perry Lang

Like Captain PJ said, I'd also recommend getting this really great cookbook where (just about) every recipe is written with cooking on the Weber kettle in mind. It's Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book by Chris Lilly. It's well written and organized and the recipes are easy to understand. Excellent photos . . . There are some great stories about Big Bob Gibson's life and times too . . .

Anything Raichlen... some crazy recipes in a couple of books but they will add some variety to the grill

If I had to pick one it would be Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Cookbook. Followed by Peace Love and BBQ, and the rest of Dr. BBQ's books.

Brian beat me to it. Also like Legends of Texas Barbeque Cookbook by Robb Walsh.

I got started with some of Raichlen's books as well, but honestly I learned more from lurking here for quite a while.

I've read several of the books mentioned above. But I've got to say, the best source for recipes, ideas, and techniques is right here! This site has really helped me "take it up a few notches":-D

I'm a big fan of Raichlen's books, too. Granted, there's a lot of recipe's in there I'll never use, but they're still a great source for ideas.

Back