View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #372
Mccaf
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutdoorcooking View Post
Hi people,

I am as new to the forum as am I to the Cyber Q Wifi...I ordered mine last week and I am awaiting the pretty little thing...

BUT...I am a developer for iOS and created some great apps already! So...thank you so much for the research on this specific topic. Is there anybody willing and able to support in designing an compelling front end for a universal iOS app based on the iOS 7 specifications? Of course the app will be AWESUM and ASS KICKING for hardcore nerdy-grilling-pitmastering-uhh.....well...smartphone owners most likely :P

Happy to hear from you...I'll start the technical work as soon as it is evident how the user interface should work to help us Q'ers in our grilling journeys :D
I could be pretty happy with the app made from appdesign geeks. Especially, it's free to download. They responded with an 8-point laundry list of issues I sent them, and they promised updates on the next version. As well as , Ron_L working it from the ad-hoc end with certain requirements and capabilities. My next barrage is to them is the UI. Seems like the info is there, looks good, but personally I think it needs some little tweaks. When on a live cook and trying to watch the iPad from 10` away or on the road, I can't see some important readings.

I'm not sure how much time you are willing to invest. Personally, if you got The time I got the money to buy a copy. But, between the clunky UI from BBQ Guru and the very improved version from appdesigngeeks I am happy. It serves it purpose. After all, what more could you want to control your PIT when you are out and about-or across the country? This is the schnitz of technology! I all else fails when they introduce iOS-Siete, I will be depending on someone else's money to send you for a new development.
Mccaf is offline   Reply With Quote