looking for brisket

schmitty28

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
any suggestions where I can find the point end of the brisket or a whole packer heard Wal-Mart carries them are they good quality or should I find a butcher

In CA it's hard to find one too. A butcher you will pay more. I use Costco, SAMs club, and restaurant depot.

yeah I have looked at sams club but only find the flat here don't have a restaurant depot maybe at sams I need to ask the butcher there

Correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen a full packer at anywhere besides restaurant depot.

SAMs Club carries them here.Always.Decent if you pick through them and get a floppy one.

Sams Club here carries them from time to time...sometimes just Flats though !!

yeah MS too far to drive for groceries and old bob your just half an hour north of me will check this Sam's first and will have to call that one I think its a territory thing bet they're all over the place in Texas

yeah MS too far to drive for groceries and old bob your just half an hour north of me will check this Sam's first and will have to call that one I think its a territory thing bet they're all over the place in Texas

In my experience from looking and then lurking on here, people in the Midwest have the best luck finding packers. Indiana must be a little too far east or something. :twitch:

Our SAMS only carries Packers. They are 2.58 per pound. Our Krogers also carry Packers and Flats. The packers are 2.49/pound. I have no idea on the flats. Both SAMS & Krogers will have choice packers.

What Smoothsmoke said before. Here in SoCal I get them regularly at Smart and Final, but I think it has to be a Smart and Final "Plus"

SAMS on the eastside of Indy has been carring some nice whole packers. Also Resturant Depot on the eastside has a ton of whole packers.You can get in if you have a KCBS membership.

Our Sam's always has Choice packers and flats. Walmart has ungraded packers,which probably means they are Select, and not Choice grade.

nice job Ron_L wasn't even aware we had one thanks tried Sam's after calling said they had one got there was told no went to Costco no luck kid looked at me like I was speaking a different language will have to try Kroger and make a trip to restaurant depot. no KCBS membership yet ahhh!

thanks to everyone found one finally it was hit and miss with which sams but did find it on the east side SAMS thanks new pal frank

Back