Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' On The Track BBQ Fesitval 9-21 & 9-22, Shenandoah, VA

I hope this event gets more teams. I am having anxiety!

Just got this email today for the teams:

Teams, thank you again for entering our KCBS event. I want to go over some items you will need before you arrive.
-Please use our site for directions to the event http://smokinbbqpal.com/)
-Once you arrive, use speedway track map (bottom of email)
-Pull up to Griller check point. If there is no one at this location, CALL 540-742-4110 for assistance. Please do not enter track until you are directed to your location
-All of you have a 30 x 40 space, but we have plenty of room should you need more.
-I will be at the track starting at Thursday noon (Sept 20) and remain there for the rest of that day, as well as Friday and Saturday.
-Track will be locked at 10 pm every night and reopened at 6am each morning.
-Utilities will be hooked up shortly after you arrive
-Meats will be inspected Friday around noon
- There will be a short meeting Friday night to go over Saturday's itinerary
-For those doing People's Choice tasting, it will begin at 1:30pm and end at 3:00pm. We will supply serving tins, chafing trays w/burners and sample serving containers. Your team will serve meat while promoting your BBQ. This is your chance to TRY to relax and share what real BBQ is all about.
-Teams will supply their own serving table for People's Choice tastings
-THIS IS AN ASPHALT AREA SO ALL FIRES WILL BE KEPT IN GRILLES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.
-YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTACH ANYTHING TO THE ASPHALT

We have been to several events as observers and have tried to improve on what other events have done, but if you have ideas to make this an even more successful event, please pass them on.

Also, we are still accepting teams for this event, so please pass word along to others...the more the better! We have the judges to cover walk-ons.

Thank you for your participation! See you at the track!
Carey Verba
540-742-4110

Heck, 30x40 space sounds pretty big to me.

Hoping we can at least have decent entries for our first comp, and make it in on time.

wallace

Looks like more teams are coming in from what the web site is showing for teams signed up. Top teams at that!!!

Geez, I hope my skills improve about 50000% between now and then.........

I am having anxiety attacks already. Thank goodness for the wifey: she is saying, " Chill out! Have a beer or Jim Beam!".

wallace

I'm on the fence since they didn't get a proclamation but we'll see what happens this week. As of today she said they have 15 teams

Free Range bbq just signed up this evening!

Mike, I think the proclamation does not matter any more. In the September Bullsheet, page 3, it says that for the 26th American Royal Invitational "State proclamations will no longer be required. In lieu of a state proclamation, all contests must be sanctioned by an American Royal approved sanctioning body." So I think this one is good to go as a qualifier.

Brett

Free Range bbq just signed up this evening!

Mike, I think the proclamation does not matter any more. In the September Bullsheet, page 3, it says that for the 26th American Royal Invitational "State proclamations will no longer be required. In lieu of a state proclamation, all contests must be sanctioned by an American Royal approved sanctioning body." So I think this one is good to go as a qualifier.

Brett

The Royal yes, the Jack, no.

Would love to go to this one. After the shellacking I took at Hedgesville last weekend, I am alittle gun shy. Good luck to all if I don't see you there.

The Big Yellow Degüello BBQ Battle Wagon will be in action for the first time there. And the APB (that's "All Points Bulletin" for those of you that didn't watch Hawaii Five-O) for our brisket and pork has yet to yield results. Hoping that will change soon.

I'll be there. Just did my first comp last week at Recovery Fest in Richmond. Ready for my second at this one.

Battle wagon tours?

The Big Yellow Degüello BBQ Battle Wagon will be in action for the first time there. And the APB (that's "All Points Bulletin" for those of you that didn't watch Hawaii Five-O) for our brisket and pork has yet to yield results. Hoping that will change soon.

Kit,
We've decided to head down for this comp as well ... Are you selling advanced tickets for battle wagon tours??? Ready to see this thing in action!

Ok, this time next weekend, I hope to be home and have not been listed and marked as the only team (person) to have finished last in all categories. :icon_blush:

Again, I have the upmost respect for you folks that have been doing this for some time.

Getting up at 4:00am tomorrow to do another practice run with butts, ribs and chicken.

Damn, hoping for good weather for next weekend. And looking forward to meeting the other folks.

wallace

Back