Contest Announcment Keystone Classic BBQ Competition Harrisburg PA 10/05/12 + 10/06/12

Wish they would post the rules for the ancillary entries on their website. They provide all the meat. I just need to know what all the rules are.

its on!!! the goddies bags are worth the price of addmision... I hear all guns blazing is the only way to go! time to face the music!

or are you chicken?

A little more info as we get closer.

the ancillary catagories..
the meat is provided free of charge.
ground beef youll get 2 pounds
Best Legs in town you will get and need to turn in 12 legs
eggs will be provided for the desert catagorie

the turn ins will be on a 16"'x 12" provided tray with open garnish, standard cooking methods apply (wood,charcoal and pellets)

This year there will be blues bands on Saturday and a beer tent on both Friday and Saturday.

we are all most full with just a couple of spots left and the time is now if you are on the fence.

I want to say thanks to Stubbs,Pork Barrel BBQ and Fab for their contributions to the " goddie bags" and hope to have some other really cool rubs and sauces on there way as well as pins, treats and other stuff. If any brethren would like to provide samples for 60 bags please pm me.

How about a 'how to cook some killer ribs by Smokin' Gnome' book in the goodie bag?!?!?

Sounds like another great event, we can't wait!!

How about a 'how to cook some killer ribs by Smokin' Gnome' book in the goodie bag?!?!?

Sounds like another great event, we can't wait!!

someone once told me the key to ribs was using 3 Eyz bbq rub and cooking them properly...still tring to figure out the "cooking properly" part but the other is a lock for sure!

We've always enjoyed this event. Wouldn't miss it! Although some may say it's foolish, we even enjoy cooking ALL the ancillary categories. Sal, make sure the whether is cool enough so we can keep the fire pit going all weekend!

Wish they were still having the Golden Wing contest again....especially since Diva wouldnt be able to garnish with a six-pack of cold brewskis!

:)

In all seriousness, that was a sweet touch!

Wish they were still having the Golden Wing contest again....especially since Diva wouldnt be able to garnish with a six-pack of cold brewskis!

:)

In all seriousness, that was a sweet touch!

we brought the ground beef/burger contest back...the question is can someone dethrone Christmas City? they have won it every year.

Does the ground beef normally end up as a 'burger' contest? I was thinking so....as it (the beef) needs to be the focus of the entry.

Back