Anybody cookin' up anything special this weekend?

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Busy weekend. Will probably pull leftovers from the freezer to satisfy my cravings.

Only day off this week and the kids put in an order for wings. At least they don't take too long to cook. Off to the store in a short...........

Needed a quick meal last night - pulled a bag of brisket outta the freezer along with some baked beans. Now I need to smoke another brisket! Damn it was good.

Did bacon and eggs last night, then a light snack of some fish before bed. May do ribs on Sunday ?

Grillin' quail, chuckar, & phesant for college kid crowd on Saturday.
Will throw on a few JD fatties for Sunday am breakfast. Post final
exam feed mod. They love to come and I love to have them.
MikeG

Farking yard of mulch delivered tommorrow mod
Just a yard? I have it delivered by the truck. Last year I had a total of 7, yes 7, 8 yard truckloads. Figure I'll only need half that this year.

No Qing at my place this weekend, still feasting on last Sunday's cook. :wink:

Sat, I will be at the Qing Catering Guy (that I will be helping) house for his Kids Graduation Qing Party. :D

Just finished up 2 yds of sand/dirt delivered this morning. Got the luau tomorrow, a road trip to
see the step-daughter Sunday - so no Q'ing this weekend. Next weekend though......

Aching Back Mod

Pillow fight?
Probably not...all that cool aid and a couple hours
on the slippy slide wears em out. Pass out the binkies,
start a bedtime story and they are in twinkle land.
MikeG

Did pulled pork and deep-fried turkey last weekend.

Ref'ing a powerlifting meet tomorrow so no 'que. Of course we do grill 3 or 4 days a week :D so I get my quota of outdoors food.

I am taking the ECB with me to the state park, camping, next weekend. Haven't decided menu yet. Probably ribs, maybe some chicken, etc.

I'm grillin steaks again. Price of steaks at the commissary are cheaper than hamburger. Besides, daughter is in the Tri-District track finals on Saturday. She is qualified in the high-jump, 100m dash, 400m relay and 800m relay. Her relay team is ranked #1 in the state in 1A schools and is in the top 10 for all state. She'll probably go to state for both relays and high jump, not sure about the 100m dash.

And she's just a Freshman. I've got a lot of sittin' on the sidelines coming up.

I too will be feasting from the freezer, may fire up and do a little something tomorrow. Maybe a fatty fest (finally try that chorizo) and a ham (something I havn't tried yet), short cook stuff. Clear blue and tasty Q to all.

Was looking for something to Q and my wife (who sort of gets burnt out :) every so often) said "AGAIN this week". Pointed out that everything from last week is gone gone gone - so doing a Pork Butt, two fatties, and a Salmon if I can fine one to fit on a rack.

R

and a Salmon if I can fine one to fit on a rack.
If you can't find one to fit on a rack, they make this neet thing that you place on the salmon. Pick a halfway point on the fish, place this item on it, and apply downward pressure as you pull the item toward you leaving you with 2 smaller pieces of the original fish. Repeat as necessary to further reduce the size of your salmon. I just checked the package. It's called a knife. LOL Love ya!

I think stuff comes out better if you can do intact in its "natural" foil - I bet you don't cut chickens in half before they hit the beer can.

R

And I have the puppy 11+ lbs and he going to curl up in fear of the fire
:lol:
R

Went to the grub store earlier today, got my RB rice medium fatty, chorizo, some poblano peppers for stuffing, a nice bonless ham and a turkey boob. Nothing that will take very long. Should be a nice liesurely cook. Oh yeah, got 2 ham steaks for breakfast, gonna smoke those up high (nice & cool) then finish 'em on the grill.

I just wanted to say thank you all for great advice. I have been lurking here for several weeks. I did cook up 60 pounds of brisket for my youngest baby shower today. Its still going on but the beef is gone.

Back