Pizza delivery ? No Way !

Outstanding pics,outstanding food,outstanding back yard. Just simply outstanding.

Thanks for the feedback guys ! If you ever happen to be in the area youre invited :)

Hell with moving next door, can you adopt me and I move in? Everything looks great!

What part of Germany are you in? I spent 5+ years in the Zweibrucken / Ramstein area...

Im in northwest germany, close to the dutch border and the north sea. My business takes me all over europe though. I´m on Ramstein Airbase every couple of month. I´d give my left nut to be allowed to go shopping there once... :twisted:

Do you own a grill store or something, lol. Pizzas all looks sooo good. How hot does that pizza oven get?

If i add all the money i spent on grills and stuff - then yes, i do own a grill store :crazy:
I cooked those pies with the flloor at about 700-750 F. After 60-80 seconds i use the pizza showel and lift it up under the dome for 5-10 seconds for the finishing touch.

Wow, outstanding! Talk to us about that WFO; did you build it, kit, buy it?????

I always wanted to build one, but i finally bought this one last year at the SPOGA trade show in cologne. Its made by Amalfi in Australia and since they didnt fee like hauling this 600 pound monster back home i got a really good price :cool:
Ruined the dampers on my car on the way home, though :doh:

They are available in the states via freds music & bbq

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/product_p/rus140ad60.htm

That looks yummy, what temp did you cook it at? How many splits, and how long did it take to get it up to temp? Been thinking about building my own cob pizza oven -- I got plenty of wood.

For keep it burning with 4-5 logs for about two hours until the dome becomes white. That means the oven has its temperature. While heating it i use the rake to move the fire around on the bottom floors a couple of times so it heats evenly.
Then i put the fire to the side of the dome and keep adding single logs so the flames keep burning a little.

Once i´m done with pizzas i let it settle down a bit and can cook bread, desserts or meat. It usually is still too hot to handle 24 hours after cooking.
It really doesnt take a lot of wood since its all very thick material and well insualted in between.

When i finde the time i´m gonna build a dedicated area for this oven in my garden with a roof on top and some nice work space.

DM

Back