View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
I've got a similar kit from "Smith", I think. I've found the stones too small for my large knives and always go back to my Chef's Choice and a steel. However, I have a belt sharpener coming for Christmas...I know because I bought it week before last and had CincHouse put it away. Belt sharpeners are used by the pros so I'm giving it a try.
Stones and such all get the job done and I know my info isn't helping you make up your mind...sorry! Sometimes you gotta buy and try!

I got my sharpener from Bass Pro Shop, but here's a link to Northern Tools...same sharpener and the price was about the same. They have a video to check out, too. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...1964_200431964
Presently I have a belt sander converted to a sharpener, paper wheel sharpener, and a wet stone wheel with leather hone sharpener, and a couple lanskys. The Wicked Edge just seems a lot easier to use and more precise.
Dave