Pitmaster T Road Trips Presents - New Zion Missionary Baptist Church BBQ

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Its time to revive this classic. Here is the story. Everyone know that New Zion Baptist Church BBQ is a classic here in the Bayou Town. Problem is... you gotta go clear up to Huntsville, exit 114 on I45, to get some. The second problem is they have funky hours and they serve until they run out... so it can be a hit and miss.

Let's see, I am at Mile marker 19... Now in Texas, we were smart enough to lay out our exits PRECISELY at the mile marker (unlike part of New England).

I must have been there 3 or 4 times and they were closed. One day I hit it right. I shot and edited this video but never had a soundtrack for it. Joey is in it and its his first RIB!!!! The Video sat on the shelf unreleased all through most of 2009.

One day my Preacher was goin on about Matthew 25 and I got an idea. I found a version of "When the Gates Swing Open" by BRUTHA Otis Clay! Remarkably........the editing done a year before seems in perfect sync with the purpose, tempo and edits of the video I shot and edited. It was destined to be.

When I saw this film (which was on the Popdaddy Site) it changed me.. and that trip brings me here back to you all.... the brethren.

Enjoy and Keep Blessin the Brethren.

YouTube - ‪Pitmaster T Road Trips Presents - New Zion Missionary Baptist Church BBQ‬‏

A BBQ church. If more churches had that.. might be more folks going to church.:becky:

Personally I enjoyed the music and reading the passages. Thank You.

The music and the video fit each other perfectly. Good job.

Hah, and I thought 90 or so miles was a way to go Chris

Back