THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow! I have no idea what an unused almost 50 year old Kamado would be worth. I don't even know if I would use it if I bought it. I would wonder if getting something hot that is that old might crack it.

A guy was selling a used one on CL around here for $1000. He dropped the price from $1300.:shock:
It seems it sold as its no longer listed

I would try and pay 2/3 or less than what it would cost me to buy a BGE. Mainly because I feel like I'd be taking a chance on it cracking or something because of the age. If I'm gonna spend the full nut, I might as well just buy something I know is good.

You may feel differently if you're turned on by the vintage nature of the unit. Which I can understand, occasionally I find myself turned on by a vintage apparatus as well. :shocked: There's quite a few MILF grill/smokers I'd like to get my hands on. Maybe we should start calling them GRILF's. :-D

Cool unit, a mere $2,000 over priced. :wink:

Yeah, he basically laughed at $500 offer claiming that someone in L.A. was selling theirs for $1000 used. I told him that dude in L.A. has been trying to sell it for months. Just because that's the dudes price doesn't mean he's going to get it. He has a unique piece though, it's in it's raw natural form, unglazed.

Can't wait till reality sets in for him.

I would try and pay 2/3 or less than what it would cost me to buy a BGE. Mainly because I feel like I'd be taking a chance on it cracking or something because of the age. If I'm gonna spend the full nut, I might as well just buy something I know is good.

You may feel differently if you're turned on by the vintage nature of the unit. Which I can understand, occasionally I find myself turned on by a vintage apparatus as well. :shocked: There's quite a few MILF grill/smokers I'd like to get my hands on. Maybe we should start calling them GRILF's. :-D

I can honestly say I've never met a GRILF :laugh: If it is going to be a conversation piece, then pay what you think it's worth for you. If not, then I looked at these a while back and I felt there are much better on the market. I don't need more patio clutter. If/when I get another smoker it's going to be something I really want and I'm not going to compromise. I would definitely recommend a BGE or Primo over this.

...let me think about this for a minute....

manufacturer no longer in business....

....they mention the word "Antiques" in the post...

...I like American Pickers as much as the next person, but.....

$2400? Maybe, just not me or anyone I know.

BTW-why aren't you at the PNWBA Cooking/Judging Class in Cheney today?

You know what is funny about this is that this morning when I posted the link there was no price and it said make an offer... I didn't seriously want it but was curious what it might be worth. Now it would appear the person has delusions of grandeur. :crazy: Thanks to all who weighed in. :thumb:

BTW-why aren't you at the PNWBA Cooking/Judging Class in Cheney today?

I thought it would be more fun to go play golf in the rain and shoot the chittiest round of the year... :tsk: Farkin game!

yeah, there was no price on that when I first saw it. I am with those who find it very interesting but I would be scared to fire it up and wreck it.

You know what is funny about this is that this morning when I posted the link there was no price and it said make an offer... I didn't seriously want it but was curious what it might be worth. Now it would appear the person has delusions of grandeur. :crazy: Thanks to all who weighed in. :thumb:

I thought it would be more fun to go play golf in the rain and shoot the chittiest round of the year... :tsk: Farkin game!

LL and Meadowood both looked busy when we went by there this morning on our way to the Farmers Market. Evidently you were not the only one! :wink:

Back