Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

To be fair, Pitmaster T kind of trashed him. He may be just being wise while he decides how to respond.

To be fair, Pitmaster T kind of trashed him. He may be just being wise while he decides how to respond.

All due respect to all involved, the OP is business owner of a artisanal BBQ shop, where real meat is cooked over real wood - a rarity in the commercial world these days. It's an absolute treasure that he shares his insights here with us - on food prep, food costs, employee relations, business insights, customer interactions good and bad, and more.

I don't know Pitmaster T from Adam, but to think that one single anonymous avatar could stop a thread of this size is absurd. December is a crazy busy time in any retail, much less what sounds like the best BBQ in Niles, Michigan. I'd say give the OP some time to recover from what was hopefully a very profitable month and update us in January - before the Super Bowl rush!

:clap2:

I didn't see that. I saw Spotu post about a missing order, but nothing from Pitmaster T.

Hope everything is going well for Marubozo though. Hoping to hit the Pig next year.

I have followed this entire thread and never saw this. Has somebody got a post number for this "trashing" or at least which page it is on?

By the way, Happy New Year to all.

He is probably too busy for this anymore and it was getting old anyway. I wouldn't blame Donny.

Thank you for the great thread Marubozo!

We have *******s on the board. That is nothing new, and hardly started at the end of this thread. People picked at Marubozo from the beginning of this thread. My guess is that if T's "harassment" would push him away some of the earlier comments would have done the same. It was fun seeing how it all evolved, but honestly the day to day operations at some point are not meant for public consumption on a forum (IMO of course).

I can't imagine any of that offended Jeremy, much less made him stop posting. He probably never even saw it. Even if he did, it's nothing but several pages of nonsense by someone who wants his chili recipe.

I doubt it was noticed too.

Id have to agree with sliding_billy, the thread has run its course. The restaurant is open and doing business, now its a matter of being profitable. We got to live through Jeremy the whole process, from purchase of property, to renovations, to opening and beyond. Id be nice to have it edited down for new members to read in a reasonable fashion, any volunteers?

NO NO NO! I have enjoyed every and I mean every post from everyone one this thread. All 172 pages of them. Just like I have enjoyed all the UDS build thread. I feel we were able to be given a behind the scene look of something 99% of lay in bed dreaming and wishing we could or would do. I am sure that a person like Jeremy that has big enough coconuts and thick enough skin to open and deal with running a business does not care or think twice about what some person says over a computer. I will continue to read this thread every time it pops up. Ok I'm done. Stepping down now. Carry on. Carry on.

It's been a great read & really informative. Hope he's not done here. Hope he is busy. Would like to hear from him once in awhile.

I haven't been on this forum in a coon's age and haven't kept up with past replies. Maybe next week. I've been stricken with pneumonia for about a month now. Don't let it fool you, the stress with this can literally kill you. I'm just thankful I have staff in place that can run it without me.

Coming up on the official one year anniversary, so i hope to provide some sort of encompassing summary or something.

Back