Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 6th Annual U.P. Hog Wild - Kingsford Michigan - July 16th and 17th

Boss Hog Wild

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The 6th Annual U.P. Hog Wild BBQ and Music Festival hopes to see many of you on July 16th and 17th in Kingsford Michigan. This year we are honored to be part of the Great American BBQ Tour, and the Kingsford Points Chase. Great Music all weekend, the 35th Annual UP Antique Car Show, and the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Michigan's Upper Peninsula in July. And we do it all to support children with disabilities and Camp UPeninsulin, the UP Camp for kids with Diabetes.

That's a great cause to support, John. We're looking forward to it!

As usual we'll have the big pot of coffee on Saturday morning for the Brethren teams. I also hope to have bags of whole bean coffee available.

Lookin forward to the coffee chaser!

I'll be there. Can't wait to see all my GLBBQA brothers.. ;)

Will there be pasties?

Hope I need a new nag by then Ron. Then again, probably Shannon..

:clap2: It's a UP Hog Wild tradiditon.... breakfast pasties for the Saturday morning cooks breakfast. Thanks to the generosity of Gene from the Pasty Oven. A little light weight starch to help soak up whatever is left over in your gut from the night before! :shock:

Looking forward to it!!

We'll be back there again this year. Had a great time last year and look forward to it again.

Aubrey

Not sure what kind of 'nag' I was talking about in my last post. But I will probably need a new bag of coffe Ron!!! :crazy:

Mmmmm pasties...

Glad Scottie cleared that up.... I didn't know if we were going to have to put a horse trough in by the hay bales.....:-D

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Hope you have a safe trip to the UP.... Anyone who is still thinking of coming should plan to join us... We still have some room and would love to have you as a part of our event.

We're home... It was great seeing some of the gang again and meeting some for the first time! Congrats to Troy and Extreme roasters and everyone else who heard their name.

I'm glad to put this weekend behind us. We ended up 11th overall with a call in pork and DAM (dead-ass middle) for everything else, but just getting there to compete was a big enough feat! On the way to Kingsford we broke a spring on the trailer just north of Milwaukee. We had stopped for gas and I did my walk around the trailer as is my routine, and I noticed the passenger side fender was resting on the tire. Fortunately there was a Shell station close by that had a full repair shop. The owner called around and found a trailer dealer who happened to carry trailers from the same manufacturer. My wife and I drove to get the replacement springs and the mechanic replaced them for us. I had them do both sides so I wouldn't have to worry about the other one. All of this ended up delaying us by 4 hours and we didn't get to Kingsford until 5:00pm. We were a couple of hours behind our prep and cooking schedule, but we caught up overnight.

Fortunately, the drive home was uneventful.

Let's hope next weekend is better.

Lost ya on the way home.... I had pedal to the metal...

Lost ya on the way home.... I had pedal to the metal...

We were right behind you until we stopped to refuel at Sheboygan. We have about a 200 mile range on the truck when towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were right behind you until we stopped to refuel at Sheboygan. We have about a 200 mile range on the truck when towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheboygan? isnt that sorta out of the way?

Back