Water at AR?

Trucky1008

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion on where I can fill up my trailer water tank in the KC area, preferably close the to AR site? I'd rather not travel with a full tank if I can avoid it. This is our first year at the AR so I'm not sure what they have available on site as far as water. Thanks!

Don,

When I went to Vegas earlier this year, I pulled into the Home Depot which was across the street from the event location. If you have a hose, most places like that will allow you to fill up with water from their exterior spigot.

Otherwise a lot of the big truck/rv stations have water filling available. Call ahead and do your research, it will save you a headache.

Kev

Check out a Pilot or a Flying J.

What they said up above me.

Don't wait to fill up after you get here. There will be gators pulling sprayer tanks full of what they say is drinkable water. That should not be your first choice.

Talk with your Ambassador when they check you in for a lot of good local info.

With any luck I will see you down there.

Water Source at the American Royal

Does anyone have a suggestion on where I can fill up my trailer water tank in the KC area, preferably close the to AR site? I'd rather not travel with a full tank if I can avoid it. This is our first year at the AR so I'm not sure what they have available on site as far as water. Thanks!

The water tractor fills up his water trailer at the extreme Southwest corner of the Lower Exhibition Hall at the American Royal.

This is also where the Gators that carry a smaller water tank fill up.

This is West of the delivery door, where they load the carts with charcoal and ice for delivery to the teams.

They have tapped a fireplug. There is a fire hose and and a "nozzle" at the terminal end of the fire hose.

I never looked real close. However, one would need a huge wrench that will fit the top of the fire plug.

I am pretty sure that the folks at delivery (next door East) would have the wrench. That is where all water delivery originates.

There is no absolutely no reason they should not let you use their huge wrench. They may ask for your driver's license as a temporary deposit. However, you will get that back right away after your return it.

Hope this helps.

Ken
"The Mustanger"

Volunteer & Judge
American Royal World Series
2013 and before

"I know a little because I have been there and seen it."

Back