chemical smell from smoker

I wonder if in one of the bags that you may have just dumped in there was some plastic or insulation that has melted in your chute that you just can't see. Might be worth trying some kind of chimney cleaning device while it's hot to see if that helps or a wire brush rigged up on a long shaft of some kind that you can use with a drill.

I wonder if in one of the bags that you may have just dumped in there was some plastic or insulation that has melted in your chute that you just can't see. Might be worth trying some kind of chimney cleaning device while it's hot to see if that helps or a wire brush rigged up on a long shaft of some kind that you can use with a drill.

I took pics up and down the chute and it looks pretty clean....also tried 3 different kinds of charcoal...same results.

Have you heard anything back from assassin smokers?

Yup, talked to Jeff yesterday (good guy). He's not sure what could be producing the bad smoke/smell but I am going to burn on it this weekend and take pics if it happens again. He is sending me shims for the firebox door to help with the seal. I got one of the first ones at it looks like after a while the back of the chute warps just a bit on the outside...Not a big deal at all but the shims will help to seal it a bit more.

Hey Dano have you figured anything out about the chemical smell?

Back