Best uses for pulled pork other than sandwiches?

pulled pork stuffed peppers. Saute them in tomato sauce until the peppers are cooked then serve over rice with the tomato sauce!

I'm doing pork stuffed poblanos this weekend, sauteed in ro-tel then served over rice with some shredded cheese.

Bob's on the right track but he forgot to mention pulled pork taco's (with garden fresh pico, shredded cheese & lettuce on a partially toasted corn tortilla). Also enchiladas with salsa verde. And let's not forget machaca.

Another good use is to flavor beans (kidney, pinto, navy, black, whatever; and even split peas).

Pulled pork pizzas. I take a flour tortilla, put a thin layer of bbq sauce on it, shred some PP on it, top it with mozzarella...in the oven on a stone for 7-8 minutes at 450°... Can't beat it!

I was at a resturant in Kansas and they had pulled pork egg rolls. They were awesome, and I need to try them at home. Basically it was PP with a creamcheese bbq sauce mix and then rub sprinkled in and some cabbage. Really, really good.

I like to cover my girlfriend with it (strategically)... My wife doesn't care for this approach, but HEY! Any use of pulled pork is a good use, right?!?!?!!!!

My kids love it in with potato buns but that's as far as we go with using it in sandwiches. I serve them with a sauce in the middle of the plate and pulled meat around it and just dip and eat. IMO freshly pulled pork is the best eaten alone to get those moist pieces down and not having bread fill you up.

As left overs we add them to everything! I love to snack on it the next morning over some fresh corn tortillas:thumb:

I made some pulled pork pockets today with some leftovers from last night, the kids loved 'em. Thanks for the great ideas!

Buffalo Pork!! yep, Grill some pulled pork in a pan, then I use Bullards HOT! Buffalo wing sauce, grill till crispy then put on a plate, a bun or in a tortilla, or whatever....yumm.:p
Edit: I'm defrosting some pulled pork now,.... I made me hungry..

This thread is making me think that next time I do a butt to do an extra one just for left overs. :biggrin1:

imho, left over pulled pork on real corn tortillas with some fresh pico de gallo and pinapple is as good as it gets.

Pulled pork ABT's. Fill the peppers 1/2 way with a little cream cheese, some shredded jack, a little sauce some rub then pile on the pulled pork. De-lish.

OMG! That's heavenly!

attachment.php

Back