Best uses for pulled pork other than sandwiches?

Brunswick Stew:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69430

brunswick.jpg

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, pork kabobs, pork creole, pork gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple pork, lemon pork, coconut pork, pepper pork, pork soup, pork stew, pork salad, and pork potatoes, pork burger, pork sandwich. That- that's about it.

Wait thats shrimp.

It's rare that we put it on buns; bread takes away from its wonderful flavors (IMHO).

Straight up with a tiny amount of sauce drissled over, and then Saiko's Brunswick Stew recipe is AWESOME.

As mentioned, nachos are my favorite lazy meal with pp. I just spread some chips then cover with PP and cheese and drizzle with a little salsa or bbq sauce and nuke it. Nothing gourmet or fancy about it but it always hits the spot.

You people don't just eat pork as a regular protein on the plate with a couple of sides? Eat it like you would chicken, pot roast, or a steak. It'll stand on it's own. It doesn't have to be in between two pieces of bread all the time.

One the the top favs in our house is to stir-fry it with some sweet soy (you'll find it in bottles in your local asian market. Sweet soy sauce that has a syrup-consistancy), red chili flakes, and green onion.

Serve over rice. The sweet saltiness of the soy plays perfectly with a good, smokey pork.

Dog Food........My wife uses it at dog shows for baiting the Laboradors.

breakfast tacos. cook it in a skillet with peppers, onion, egg, potatoes.

One the the top favs in our house is to stir-fry it with some sweet soy (you'll find it in bottles in your local asian market. Sweet soy sauce that has a syrup-consistancy), red chili flakes, and green onion.

Serve over rice. The sweet saltiness of the soy plays perfectly with a good, smokey pork.

This is what I ended up doing. I had some Teriyaki glaze/marinade, so I added some of the sauce to the pulled pork and served it over white rice. I like the addition of the chili flakes, though. I like a little heat.

And I did eat a fair bit of it all by itself . . . I love the flavor of smoky pork. It doesn't NEED anything to be delicious. But sometimes its nice to get a few ideas from experienced cooks.

Ooh, John's post reminded me. One time we took wontons and wrapped up some PP in them. Then give them a quick fry to crisp them up. Eat 'em straight up or choose your favorite dipping sauce. They were quite good.

I throw some in my baked beans with bacon, yellow onions, brown sugar and molasses

Back