Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

Okay 13 days till opening!! I'm getting excited and the sleepless nights area already starting.... we just had snow on the ground :( not a good sign. I'm not wanting to open in the snow. So this week I got alot of little things done.

Picked up alot of opening day supply's and cold storage supplies.

20130516190140286.jpg

And went thru the fresh water plumbing with a fine tooth comb.... Had to replace some copper tubing and adjust some plumbing routing. But its all done and ready for the tank install. This is what happens when you leave water in the line during the winter storage. (splits I cut out and patched)

20130519205659438.jpg

Brother, I am pumped for you and can't wait to get up there and see it. Three months from today... I have some gifts in my mind but PM me anything you might want.

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
You interested in an Alabama license plate or you already got enough?!?! I'd mail you one up in a heartbeat, I think we even have some old antique Alabama tags from the 50's and 60's! And keep us up to date on shirts, I'd love to buy one and support ya!

Oh, and BTW, what kind of fries you doing? I know around here most people like steak fries because they are bigger and stay hot longer out of the fryer. I can imagine how cold it is up there that a bigger french fry may be a good idea. And you doing a vinegar or sugary/mayo coleslaw? Haven't seen that in the thread yet. Prices seem fair too for the level of Q your making looks like!

• Thanks
Brother, I am pumped for you and can't wait to get up there and see it. Three months from today... I have some gifts in my mind but PM me anything you might want.

Will do Brad and looking forward to you stoppin in and seeing my shack! Can't wait to see what you got. I'm going to keep my ears open for Bo movment for you. :)

You interested in an Alabama license plate or you already got enough?!?! I'd mail you one up in a heartbeat, I think we even have some old antique Alabama tags from the 50's and 60's! And keep us up to date on shirts, I'd love to buy one and support ya!

Oh, and BTW, what kind of fries you doing? I know around here most people like steak fries because they are bigger and stay hot longer out of the fryer. I can imagine how cold it is up there that a bigger french fry may be a good idea. And you doing a vinegar or sugary/mayo coleslaw? Haven't seen that in the thread yet. Prices seem fair too for the level of Q your making looks like!

Love to have a Bama plate don't have one of those yet! Yes steak fries I not a fan of the skinny ones and think most like the bigger fries. I'm doing a Sugar/Mayo and Vinegar Slaw. Its fantastic, even people that not a fan of slaw say it great!

Thanks for looking and interest
Clint

Gotta love sweet and tangy mayo coleslaw. Adds a little bit extra to good barbeque. Maybe it's because it's creamy and crunchy all at the same time. When it's made right, it's amazing no doubt. Most people round here make it and it's a watery mess.

• Thanks
BTW, highly recommend Wampus' peach bourbon baked beans. May not be cost effective though.

Can you get Blues Hog at a decent price?

• Thanks
BTW, highly recommend Wampus' peach bourbon baked beans. May not be cost effective though.

Can you get Blues Hog at a decent price?

I've tried a Wampus beans, started off with it as a base and grew into what I currently use. Still taste great but way more cost effective, I re-purpose the PP in it, so I have less loss.

I have a gal of Blue hogs i use at comps but can't get it local so its all shipped from the states :(

pwa

Been a busy and long week! Got my Tanks finally!! So it was go time. As with anything its always the surprises that comes up that make it interesting... my fresh water tank was 17" :shocked: I was sent the wrong one it was supposed to be 14" tall. Don't have time to wait for the correct one, it took 2 mths to get theses up here. So just have to make it work. Power company still dragging there feet :mad2: Fine I'll run a Gen till you get off you rump and get me power that I paid you for 2 mths ago. I WILL open June 1st come hell or high water :clap2:

Now for some pic!

Installed some locked covers for window... keep some random passer-by from toss a rock thru my window when were closed and a nice spot to put the menu (order Left side pick up Right)

20130526171042411.jpg

Tanks stacked under counter top is 80 gal fresh Bottom 101 Grey you can see the cradle and bracing I had to make this weekend (pic 1 of 2)

20130526171211215.jpg

(pic 2 of 2)

20130526171218354.jpg

the water pump its 110v, 40psi, 4 gpm on demand pump, fast to replace and easy to get to.

20130526171242673.jpg

Grey water drain valve. This goes outside the building and into a 5 gal bucket... that will have a 1/6hp sump pump, to pump grey water from 5 gal bucket to 110 gal cube in my pick up, via a garden hose.

20130526171259598.jpg

Power company dragging there feet, so here is the Generator hook up

20130526171410556.jpg

Last edited:
Love how you're just plowing through all the obstacles like a tank, Clint! June 1st opening or bust!!! :thumb:

• Thanks
That's awesome. The things you're having to do, like the gray water haul off, is an obstacle that would be such a PITA....But that's a life style that's so foreign to me. Great Stuff Clint, you're cool! I'm diggin the pictures, thanks for that.

• Thanks
Looking great!!:clap2:

Sounding like you should have enough plates to at least cover one side!! :-D

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated!!

• Thanks
300 lbs of meat picked up, made 3 gals of BBQ sauce and 1/2 gal of Chipotle Mayo, I'm all set to open, and getting excited!!!

Clint

Good luck Clint! I hope you sell out!

• Thanks
Back