2017 Saturday Oct 7 SoCal Fall Bash North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent: Head Count & Food Planning!

Change in headcount. Now 4.

attachment.php

Got a personally delivered copy of "You too can achieve wife foo" ???

I'll bring a bag of RO Chef Select (40# I think) and I may have a bag of RO Lump, and I have a 40# bag of Lazzari Mesquite lump I can throw in the van - never used it that I can remember, so not sure how good it is, but I'm sure it burns. Wouldn't hurt to bring some though - ya never know.

And yup, still at work. :doh: :doh:

Anybody know where Q Junkie is or heard from him? It's entirely possible he's been shanghai'ed by Captain Morgan. :wacko:

Got a personally delivered copy of "You too can achieve wife foo" ???

That reminds me to take my copy of "The Secret to Her Heart" by Neil Strawder. Forgot to get it signed by Bigmista last year.

Y'all do know Bigmista wrote a cookbook, don't ya?

Slight change of plans - we're taking a larger vehicle, so threw in my old Weber ("One touch" - I think it was called) along with the Jumbo Joe. A bit more Real Estate.

Chicken is getting happy in the marinade. Cabo is packed.

See all you Pharkers a bit after 1PM!

Hope you all have a GREAT day smoking, eating and BS'ing. This will be the first SoCal bash I've missed since joining the Brethren family. :sad: I recognize those pies.

You'll be missed, Marty! I do believe some goodies will make their way to you, though. :thumb:

Also, I plan on resembling those pies later today.

:becky:

OK, folks, this will be my last transmission for today - we're about to pack up and head over to Major's and will see you all soon! It's gonna be really hot today - close to 100, so wear shorts!

Food shots:

Teamwork makes the dream work (Tony and Gordon killing it on the PBC)

tonyjohnson619

Tony_pulling_ribs_from_PBC.jpg

Evil-G

Gordon_slicing_ribs.jpg

Gordon_s_sliced_PBC_ribs.jpg

John's grilled asian wings (tasted even better than they looked... and they looked great !!)

SoCalWJS

John_cooking_asian_wings.jpg

John_s_asian_wings.jpg

Tri-Tip a'la Tom (tender as a mother's love)

tom b

Tom_B_cooking_Tri_Tip.jpg

Tri_Tip.jpg

Richard making his world famous roadside chicken

Moose

Moose.jpg

Moose_s_roadside_chicken.jpg

Chicken.jpg

Some of the additional delicacies from the 2017 Bash (only a small representation of what we enjoyed)

Ray (silverfinger) beef ribs ... sweet baby Jesus, nobody makes beef ribs like this man !!

Ray_s_beef_ribs_bones.jpg

Ray_s_sliced_beef_ribs.jpg

Charles (frognot) sausages and Chocolate Bourbon Pecan pie ... this pie is on my "last meal" menu

Sausage.jpg

Chocolate_Bourbon_Pecan_pie.jpg

Greg (gtr) Lemon Icebox pie ... the official foreplay dessert of the SoCal Brethren bashes

Lemon_Icebox_Pie.jpg

Plate O' Heaven

Plate_of_heaven.jpg

Rugelach ... I'm not sure who made these, but I went back to the container three or seventeen times during the night

Rugelach.jpg

Back