BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 5...

Did we institute that rule about having to take your own photos yet??? And, if you're married, you have to prove it by having your wife in the photos??????? :)

Nope...and nope! :p

I decided to get in on some of this action. Here is my entry.

Jalapeno & Cheddar Corn Bread

First I put a little bacon grease in each section of my pan. Then I sliced jalapenos and fried them in the bacon grease as the pan heated up. Next I poured my corm meal batter with cheddar chunks in for the cook.

100_0585.jpg

The end result was great.

I wish you could taste, I would be sure to win then.

100_0591.jpg

WOW!...and...WOW!...now that's some bread pron! :p

OK... The rest of you may as well give up... Keend has just set the bar as high as it can go!

Did you save me any?

This only raises the bar... And I'll just add one more type of dough to make tomorrow!

Keend is good pron, but I think if RTD would have put the toasted side with grill marks up and slightly melted butter his would win.

I'm compiling photos (read: wading through bad photos) of today's baking on the Big Green Egg... But here's a shot to start with...

Clockwise from bottom left:

French rolls
Rosemary cheddar biscuits
Grandma's bread
Italian bread
Cinnabon style cinnamon rolls
Pizza Margherita

2809483025_19798852c2_b.jpg

And here's some proof they were done on my BGE:

2811098630_aa37245201_b.jpg

You can see the hinge (barely) in the back here...
2811097558_04fe97f238_b.jpg

Last edited:
ummmm... curt, you have my address and the corn maze opens today so you have no excuse not to bring that over to me :biggrin:

i like to have a few of these and go in the maze after dark and get lost

lambchops-004.jpg

I've had that, but prefer Turbo Dog... good stuff.

Wheat beer seems more appropriate with this throwdown, though.

Well I have never done bread of any kind before, grill or otherwise. Here is my entry for Bread week.

Bacon, Sausage with Cheddar and Mozzarella Calzones...

Picture032.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture087-1.jpg

Pork, that looks awsome! Apparently, you are a quick learner. Nice plate.

I'll give it a try...thanks to Cowgirl

After reading the recent onion bread thread by Cowgirl, :idea: I thought I'd try my hand at some bread.

Garlic cheese bread with Sun dried Tomato/basil cheese. Made the basic bread.... added garlic powder ...then mixed in the cheese I listed above.

Since I fired up the coals to smoke the bread with apple chips, I decided to throw on a couple of fatties and make a sandwich with everything! Here's my bread entry...

Last edited:
oops

Dad..... you went over the 3 pic limit. Maybe one of the mods can delete the first pic for him, sorry think he had to many git 'r' done's :cry:

My son zachbbq just pointed out that I went over the 3 pic limit. Maybe one of the mods can delete the first pic for me, sorry:cry:

You can edit your own post, click Edit then click on the Pic to select it and hit delete key...:-D

Wifey wanted to make some beer bread on the Weber. Topped with a little butter, cinnamon, and sugar then spread some peach jam. Pretty tasty after slicing the tritip for sammies.

Attachments

• Beer Bread Throwdown.jpg
    Beer Bread Throwdown.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 133
  • Beer Bread on Weber.jpg
    Beer Bread on Weber.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 132
  • Beer Bread.jpg
    Beer Bread.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 328
Back