We got us a new comp trailer!

Stoke&Smoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFbWOwLB4Vo

Pulled the trigger last weekend. If anyone needs/wants a pop-up camper, we will be getting rid of our 92 Jayco model 1206. It has 2 queen size beds, good canvas, no leaks, working 3-way refrigerator, heater, etc. Only thing it needs are to have the rear roof winch cables replaced.

All we need now is a shelf in back for the cookers, and weight distribution/anti-sway installed

:mrgreen: No more packing and unpacking the pop-up!!!:mrgreen:

With gas prices predicted to skyrocket, and the shot fairy being back to work full time with only 8 paid days off, we will likely only be doing local (within 2 hours) comps this year. Besides, we have a wedding to cater in the Traverse City, MI area in late July, so that will eat up her vaca days

Congrats! When do you get it?

BTW, Dann, when the guy in the video says that there is no need to leave anything at home, he really doesn't mean that you have to bring everything! :p

:roll:
It only looked that way in the pop-up because it was a pop up Ron.
Besides, it comes with almost everything we need, except the cooker and charcoal. And remember, we've seen the inside of your toy hauler also, and I wouldn't call it's contents sparse:twisted:

We signed for it last Saturday at the Rosemont RV show. We have to do some yard/fence mods in order to keep at at home, in the meantime, I'm looking into seeing if the church across the street will let us rent a spot in thier lot.

Bought from Ricks RV in Joliet, from a woman who normally works the parts counter there (I know her from my many trips for pop up fixer parts)who, at least for the show, was bumped to sales. She was very easy to deal with. Her name's Beth Seibers.

We still have the paperwork to finish, the instruction/indoctrination to do, and the weight dist. anti-sway, and brake control to do, but knowing we won't have to try and pack up the pop up in the mud this year at Westmont is a huge comfort! Also got a very nice price on it, and a show upgrade package that included a cover for it

Get a Prodigy brake control. Our dealer installed a cheaper control and it sucked. I replaced it with a Prodigy and the difference is huge.

Just not having to pack and unpack everything is worth it! You're going to love it.

Get a Prodigy brake control. Our dealer installed a cheaper control and it sucked. I replaced it with a Prodigy and the difference is huge.

Just not having to pack and unpack everything is worth it! You're going to love it.

Prodigy P2?

And yes, not having to pack and unpack is everything in the world!

Thanks for the recommendation. I just watched their video, looks like I could install that myself!:thumb:

Last edited:
It was plug-n-play on my truck. I just bought the harness for my model and it was simple.

Yep, got that also. Now I just have to figure out if I can order and install the weight distribution and anti-sway cheaper than getting it from the RV place. Might be able to save the entry fee to a comp!

Nice! I've been looking at Travel trailers like this. Does the 22 indicate it's 22' long? I have a Tacoma with the tow package so I know I'm limited to certain trailers.

Nice! I've been looking at Travel trailers like this. Does the 22 indicate it's 22' long? I have a Tacoma with the tow package so I know I'm limited to certain trailers.

Kind of. The trailer itself is 22' but with the tongue in front it's just a squeak over 26. That was as big as I wanted, both for hauling capability (I have an 02 Avalanche 1500 with tow package - says it can tow 8000, I used the 80% guideline and looks like I should be ok.

Nice unit, Dann. Trailers and RVs for comps are outstanding.:thumb:

I hear that Steph! We did 1 1/2 years using a tent and either U-haul or our own open cargo trailer, and 2 1/2 with a 20 year old pop up. Being in our mid-50's, it was time for a change to something with a little more creature comfort! Not having to set up and tear down to the level we used to should make our comps a LOT more enjoyable!

Last edited:
Yep, got that also. Now I just have to figure out if I can order and install the weight distribution and anti-sway cheaper than getting it from the RV place. Might be able to save the entry fee to a comp!

I like etrailer.com for parts, usually free shipping, or some other deal. etrailer has video's of how to's, and super friendly on the phone, just call with any questions.

Mi Casa su Casa Steve

We want you to enjoy your first comp!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can't wait! 3 months away and I'm losing sleep over it.

Back