• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Costco CAB Prime brisket--SoCal brethren step in..

None in San Bernardino. The butcher said they haven't received any Prime packers at all, and isn't expecting any in the near future

Wow...I wonder why the difference in price( $3.99 vs. $2.79) from a couple days ago? Or is it a store to store thing?

I was wondering the same thing... but $3.99 a lb is still a good price for prime (especially since it's the 1st prime one I've ever seen in so cal.)

I should pick one up as well, before these things start flying and racking up the price. Time to put the WFO to use.

I was wondering the same thing... but $3.99 a lb is still a good price for prime (especially since it's the 1st prime one I've ever seen in so cal.)

Wow! I agree on the price still good for $3.99. They first started at $2.59 then $2.79 and look like they raised it to $3.99. They must be selling really well. :biggrin1:

Went today and talked to the butcher at the Lakewood store. He said it didn't exist. Showed him the pic at the beginning of this thread and said yes they do. He looked up the number on the tag and found them gonna try to order me some for next week.

Still got em at Burbank store. Picked this one up last night. Good lookin piece of meat. Still $2.69 lb.

Attachments

• 20130911_002549.jpg
    20130911_002549.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 20130911_002505.jpg
    20130911_002505.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 172
Still got em at Burbank store. Picked this one up last night. Good lookin piece of meat. Still $2.69 lb.

Seems like the prices are fluctuating. Mine was $2.79 from the same exact warehouse last week. They go for $2.59, $2.69, $2.79 and $3.99. Go figure.

Went to Costco In North Orange County they had prime packers but at 3.99 a pound.

What City? Costco here is terrible...Fountain Valley...they had whole choice packers...$4.25/lb...:moon: So I grabbed some ribs...:thumb:

Attachments

• abrisket.jpg
    abrisket.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 135
I only saw the choice $4.25/lb. ones at Culver City on Monday night. They were nicely trimmed and kinda small - nothing over 10#. I didn't get one.

I talked to Moose yesterday and he said his missus went to a Costco (can't remember which one - somewhere in the north SFV I'm guessing), didn't see any of the prime, asked the butcher, and sure enough he brought some out, so it's worth asking the fellers who work there to look.

Just got back from my usual Sunday run to Costco in La Habra. Went straight to the meat counter and found 1 prime brisket for $2.69 a pound. Thankfully they went down from the $3.99. Asked the butcher if they had any more. I wanted to look at a few of them to pick the best one. He back out with three more. Picked the best one, 12 1/2 lber and off I went. Not sure when I'm going to cook it. My weekends are booked up for a while.

Time to go and light the egg for a tri tip and early dinner.

Jerry

Last edited:
Back