somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Fish"[/SIZE]
GrilledSwordfish.jpg

photo courtesy of Consuming Ambitions

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be grilled or smoked.
2) It has to be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 2/9 - 2/15 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 2/16.
4) Only one pic will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 2/17 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 2/22.

Next weeks category will be "Pizza" as decided by open voting amongst the Brethren in this thread. The week after that will be chosen by this weeks "Fish" winner.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!:cool:

I suppose I could put a notation on the pics in the vote thread and let the voters decide. Maybe like "self caught" or "store bought" as the case may be? What do you think?

Not the traditional raw Sushi here. This was a grilled salmon with a chipotle glaze, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, Asian alfalfa sprouts, all rolled up in sushi rice and served with a Wasabi sauce and a 3 chili sauce.
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

Oh wow! That looks great!:cool: How did you roll it up with the rice on the outside?:confused:

Miso Glazed Salmon

2nd post, First Throwdown. Be Gentle.
Grilled Salmon with a Miso/Kecap Manis/Sriracha Glaze -- Fired on my new gasser that I'm still getting used to. Served with spicy roasted cauliflower and quinoa. Enjoy.

02112009267.jpg

02112009262.jpg

My apologies for the image quality -- batteries in the "good" camera are dead. Had to use my phone.

Members Mark <Natural Gas> 4 Burner

I'm surprised fish hasn't already been a Throwdown category!

Dang, we're off to agood start already!!

This sounds fantastic!:cool: Image quality isn't so bad for a camera phone. Mine never turn out that good anyway from my phone!:biggrin:
2nd post, First Throwdown. Be Gentle.
Grilled Salmon with a Miso/Kecap Manis/Sriracha Glaze -- Fired on my new gasser that I'm still getting used to. Served with spicy roasted cauliflower and quinoa. Enjoy.

02112009267.jpg

02112009262.jpg

My apologies for the image quality -- batteries in the "good" camera are dead. Had to use my phone.

Members Mark <Natural Gas> 4 Burner

Here was the winning entry of the Seafood Throwdown (our 4th Throwdown) from River City Smokehouse...in case you were curious...
River_City_Smokehouse-1.jpg

Back