• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket - Hot & Fast

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Had the day off, so I thought I'd cook a brisket. I injected it last night and marinated it overnight. I rubbed it down this morning and started my fire. I put it in the Bubba Keg at 325 F - 350 F and let it cook. About 2 hours in, I foiled it and let it continue to cook. I pulled it from the cooker about 2 hours later and let it rest for two hours. I separated the point from the flat and sliced the point into chunks to make burnt ends, put them in a pan with some BBQ sauce and now they are back on the smoker. I will update finished pics later.

picture.php

Thanks, Saiko.

Pigs on Fire, you gotta use what you got. :-D

I'd recommend the following:

1 can of Campbell's Beef Consomme
1 cup Moore's Marinade
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 TBS fine ground black pepper.

Mix it, inject it, and use any leftovers for the marinade. I used a double portion of injection/marinade (32 ounces) on this particular brisket.

i'm not familiar with the moores marinate. I will look for it at the local grocery. I hope to try this on my next brisket.
jon

Thanks, brethren.

Campdude, they were pretty tasty.

Here is the finished brisket. I ate some slices on white bread and fresh avocado for dinner. It was worth the effort.

picture.php

picture.php

how much did your brisket weigh and what temp did foil and seperate the two. btw looks great.

It weighed about 14 pounds. I foiled it at about 165 F. I then let it cook until it reached about 205 F and took it out of the keg. I let it rest a while then separated the point from the flat. I've been cooking brisket like this for a while now and they always turn out good.

Last edited:
nicely done! Your 205 internal temp..I assume it was in the point, or in the middle of the brisket where the point and flat overlap?? It looks fantastic!

Back