I really need to stay off Craigslist...Brinkmann Cimarron...Mod Journal...

I cut my teeth on the Cimmaron. Nice pit.

There was a square bung welded into the fire box opisite of the fire door. Any idesa what its for??????

I think it's a drain, in case you get water in the firebox. I have never taken it out.

Raising the fire grate helps, but one mod I did was to close off the top half of the intake vent. It forces air to come under and through the fire. Of course, I haven't used it in a long time.

Was this the pit that was out around Lake of the Ozarks? I found one a few weeks back on CL but the guy wanted more than would've been worth driving all the way out there on a few pictures and faith..

Either way, its always nice to see a sturdy pit like that find a good home instead of the scrap heap.

No I snagged this one in raymore. nice old fella said he never could get the hang of it. has an electric now and loves it.

Got a littke bit done today...

Attachments

• imagej-1.jpg
    imagej-1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 73
It looks like you have the exhaust damper almost closed in your cook picture. I run my Cimmaron with the exhaust wide open and the intake damper open just a sliver or closed and maintain 250-275 all day. The only mod I have done is to put in an expanded metal shelf in the firebox to keep the coals about 3 inches off the bottom; the one that comes with it will get choked out with ash real quick.

picture.php

picture.php

Back