• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sgetti-n-Meatballs...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
There is still half a day left to whip up and entry for the Sauce is Boss Throwdown. There are only three entries, so far. :shock:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148264

I decided to look back upon my roots for my boss sauce.

Friday, I prepared my mise en place of San Marzano tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, garlic, mushrooms and some basil and oregano fresh from the still growing garden.

picture.php

I sautéed the onions peppers and garlic in olive oil. I tossed the shrooms and herbs in with them briefly, then added the tomatoes, mashed up with a whisk. I added a little k-salt and fresh ground black pepper, and let it simmer for about four hours. Then I cooled it and put it in the fridge overnight to really merge the flavors.

picture.php

Saturday, I ground up some chuck and pork loin with the Kitchenaid, then mixed up some meatballs with the meat, two eggs, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, and diced onion.

picture.php

On to the 18.5 OTG, set up indirect with Kingsford Blue and a couple oak chunks, also from my backyard (some of last spring's pruning).

picture.php

I made some pasta, mixed it up in my saucier of simmering sauce (the right way to sauce), and plated my meal.

picture.php

It isn't BBQ, but it was wonderful.

CD

That is all around goodness! That sauce had to rock with flavor abundance.:clap:

CD - forget the pasta. Those meatballs and sauce would taste good on a a tree branch. Yummy.

Did the same thing yesterday, CD. Yours looks over the top!! :clap2:

CD, will trade ya some venison chili for a plate of that.

Great lookin' grub there!

Dang! CD

Now ya gotta to tell me how to get the fork tracks off the monitor and the drool outta the keyboard....

Great looking sgetti....

Back