Is BBQ'ing the manly thing to do?

I fall into that category. I do all the grilling/smoking and yard/pool work my wife won't touch any of it. She however is responsible for laundry, dishes and cleaning. Although she cheats and hired a maid.

Lucky for me I'm just as addicted to bubble baths as I am to outdoor cooking. :mrgreen: :thumb:

And guns. An undisclosed amount of guns, but LOTSA guns. Oh, and Tuco says thanks for the idea.

TucoRamirez.jpg

BBQ'n is hot/cold depending on the weather and very labor intensive and dirty. Need I say more. Not the same as opening up cans for veggies or boxes for cakes. With apologies to my bbq sisteren.

The funny thing about it Jeanie is that she is the opposite of most women when it comes to style. She literally does not own a piece of makeup (NONE!) or jewelry (other than her engagement and wedding ring), wears jeans and tees pretty much every day and wears her hair long and straight. Not sure what it is about the smoke and grease since she gets plenty dirty helping me.

Engagement and wedding rings? Really? I never knew.

I can cook better than my wife inside of the house or outside as someone pointed out earlier, but she has no hesitation to fire up the grill and makes some fine Que. She won't touch the UDS though.

The wife, she just chooses not to post in a forum about it. She just cooks and eats what she cooked and moves on.

From every thing I've seen here on this site, i have come to the conclusion (In MY head) that 95% of the people here, and most other sites like this one, are MEN. Why is that? Do women not like to BBQ/smoke/grill? My wife...says she (and i Quote) will not,won't,heck no....no way. She says it's the man's job.........What say you..

I dont think that there is any question that there are more men that Smoke/BBQ. Im willing to bet that if you get a gender from each member on this site, it will not even be close. So by the numbers I would say, yes it is a man thing.
But the ladies that are on this site have proven that they are more than capable of kicking a mans butt when it comes to bbq. And Im sure they could kick a few of the brethrens butt outside of bbq:mrgreen:

Back