Grill Kings Cash Prizes E-mail

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
FYI.....Received an e-mail from Grill Kings with the updated Cash prize amounts for the July 15 & 16 contest.

Thanks to our latest sponsor(s) Cablevision and PureFire Charcoal, total Cash awards for Sundays KCBS State Championship have increased to the following:

Grand Champion:
$5,000.00

Reserve Grand Champion:
$2,000.00

1st Place each Category
$600.00
2nd Place each Category
$300.00
3rd Place each Category
$200.00
4th Place each Category
$100.00
5th Place each Category
$50.00

A total of $20,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at our event.

Last edited:
I wish they would have lowered the entry fee instead. I really wanted to do this contest but $300 is pretty steep. If I can beg, borrow or steal a weber kettle I think I will do the grilling contest.

Sweet! Any idea how many teams are expected?

Chris

MilitantSquatter said:
FYI.....Received an e-mail from Grill Kings with the updated Cash prize amounts for the July 15 & 16 contest..
A total of $20,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at our event. [/

B]

Hey Chris...

Don't quote me as I'm not sure how valid or current the info is, but I recall someone saying that it may be +/- 50 teams ???

Anyone else know of an accurate team count so far ?

rbsnwngs said:
as of yesterday there where 18 singed up

Browsed last years at hecksher park. Any info as to how tosign up or a cut off date? Might be interested in competing. Also any advice on what to bring to this event? never done this before. thanks

Willie B - Thanks for confirming the team count to date .... I have no idea where I got that 50 from but I could have sworn I thought it was deeper..... Maybe I overheard someone saying 50 was the expected count by contest date... Who knows...

Lazy Dawg - be prepared !!!! There's lot's of old threads in the comp forum if you do some searches on what you'll need... Aside from food and bbq pit, you'll need everything from a canopy, fire extinguisher, tables, coolers, wash bins, cleaning stuff, utensils, etc.

This brings up a ?

Say you were a contest that is 200 miles away and a contest next to you raised their prize money from 1000.00 to 5000.00. Is their competition growing now because there are more contests to choose from? I'd drive past one 200 miles for the chance of 4000.00 more to win. Just a thought!

Ashmont said:
Say you were a contest that is 200 miles away and a contest next to you raised their prize money from 1000.00 to 5000.00. Is their competition growing now because there are more contests to choose from? I'd drive past one 200 miles for the chance of 4000.00 more to win. Just a thought!

I think there are two many factors involved such as # of teams entering, level of experience, previous feedback on how well the contest was organized and run etc.

Back