UDS Build

Tcarlberg44

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Just finished the build on this UDS that I researched how to do on here and a few other sites. Took me about three weeks to complete. For those of you not familiar with the logo, that's my alma mater, Eastern Washington University. The football team plays on a red field nicknamed "The Inferno" so I went with that as my theme. Can't wait to start smoking on this bad boy. Would love to hear what you guys think of the design.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 308
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 302
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 302
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 303
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 303
Nice job! Just wondering if you have enough exhaust.

Just wondering if you have enough exhaust.
2nd, but you can always add more. You need about 4" total exhaust and I think you have 2 1/4".
Nicely done, that red field is weird looking alright.

I went with a three exhaust system that I found from a guy on YouTube. He has some videos of him cooking on it too and it holds at a nice temp. If I find I can't get enough heat I can always drill another port. Haven't fired it up yet so I'll let you know how it works.

I guess the exhaust you're referring to is the chimneys at the top and not the air intake...I'm a rookie. The research I did said you just needed more exhaust than air intake at the bottom, so I have three intakes and four chimneys for exhaust, all of which are the same size.

You need more exhaust and get rid of the elbows. a 90 in a pipe reduces the flow by 50% so right now you have the equivalent of 1 1/8 " of exhaust. yo need at least 4 sqr in to have a wide range of temps but also for a clean fire Creosote aint a good secret ingredient.

You need more exhaust and get rid of the elbows. a 90 in a pipe reduces the flow by 50% so right now you have the equivalent of 1 1/8 " of exhaust. yo need at least 4 sqr in to have a wide range of temps but also for a clean fire Creosote aint a good secret ingredient.

What he said.

Back