About Pastrami / Smoked Corned Beef

From what I've heard if you boil/steam your pastrami you are more likely to also steam/boil your ribs. (Not my point of view, just something I've heard. Somewhere. From someone.)

Don't knock it till you try it Pastrami is not exactly BBQ to begin with. Many Cold cuts and sausages are steamed or boiled somewhere in the process. I was trying to recreate something I had in NYC which is a far superior product then you will buy in your supermarket Deli. But hey to each their own. :wink:

Oh and I never claimed to know anything about cooking ribs.

I am a HUGE fan of Katz' pastrami and have eaten plenty of it.That being said I think better had get me some of yours so that i can judge it :biggrin:

I am a HUGE fan of Katz' pastrami and have eaten plenty of it.That being said I think better had get me some of yours so that i can judge it :biggrin:

I can guarantee it would place at least 13th in a Pastrami Competition. Maybe I'll cook some for New Holland. Let me know if you get in.

I can guarantee it would place at least 13th in a Pastrami Competition. Maybe I'll cook some for New Holland. Let me know if you get in.
Good one. Looking forward to it and i will bring the rye. I will be at New Holland regardless if i get in.

Smoke it until 165 then slice amount needed and steam the slices just prior to serving.

Back