"Chicken Wings!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through January 22nd!

My picture didn't download, how do you do it?

Here is my entry
Dilly Dilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please accept this as my official entry into the Chicken Winds TD.

Cook thread is HERE. :thumb:

Please use the photo below as my official entry photo.

Y9cnSMh.jpg

Wow! there are some insanely amazing entries so far.

Please Accept My Entry in the Chicken Wings Throwdown

Summary:

This is our go-to wing dish, and seem to be quite the hit with folks - a couple of years ago The Missus and I cooked them at a gathering at gtr's place and we received numerous requests for the recipe, which we happily shared.

The wings are first marinated in a mixture of coriander, cumin, oil, and salt, then par cooked. After the wings have rested, they are then deep fried, then tossed in a magical sauce of sriracha, fresh garlic, cilantro, butter, jalapenos, and lime juice, then served piping hot.

Entry Photo:

Sriracha%20Chicken%20Wings%20Resized%2014B_zpsbce9cuva.jpg

Cook Thread, w/Recipe:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256320

Last edited:
Summary:

This is our go-to wing dish, and seem to be quite the hit with folks - a couple of years ago The Missus and I cooked them at a gathering at gtr's place and we received numerous requests for the recipe, which we happily shared.

The wings are first marinated in a mixture of coriander, cumin, oil, and salt, then par cooked. After the wings have rested, they are then deep fried, then tossed in a magical sauce of sriracha, fresh garlic, cilantro, butter, jalapenos, and lime juice, then served piping hot.

Entry Photo:

Sriracha%20Chicken%20Wings%20Resized%2014B_zpsbce9cuva.jpg

Cook Thread, w/Recipe:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256320

But, but, but... That means this time we can't use the "Vote for Moose" cliche...

OK, folks, that's a wrap! Shagdog will get the poll up in a bit.

We had a bunch of great entries on this one!

I just picked up a brand new Akorn Jr last Friday. What possibly could be the very first cook on it....WINGS!!!

Set up the Akorn Jr to run at 400 (digital temp at exhaust port) ran it at 400 for 75 minutes, the out come crispy skin wings

CCF050E7-2D1D-4420-AB09-E7F0A7754BAA_zpsyeckrqpd.jpg

2AD1ACC1-7E37-4AF1-AE45-DC3A711B9345_zpsddd6fbzf.jpg

5B2AF314-4A50-44D4-8EDD-E228201F3AFE_zpsukoiqwjc.jpg

Served up with spaghetti squash & rice, very nice first cook on the Jr.

Smoked chicken wings, seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika, then tossed with wing sauce. Please use this photo as my official entry.

Back