3 Eyz Tri-tip and a Tatonka Dust Tri-tip

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Had a couple of tri-tips to do and looking for a little variation applied different seasonings, 3 Eyz and then also Tatonka Dust to the tri-tips and fridged them individually wrapped over night.

-----

-----

Gave the tri-tips some oak/charcoal smoke for 2 hours with the grill running at 150º.

-----

Turned up the grill to 250º and added a potato/veggie mix with fresh minced garlic.

-----

Towards the end of the cook added some garlic toast.

-----

Tri-tips were cooked to 140º and foiled for a half hour rest before slicing.

Here is the tri-tip seasoned with 3 Eyz.

-----

Here is the tri-tip seasoned with Tatonka Dust.

-----

Her's and his plates...

-----

-----

Close up!

Thanks for looking!

Looks very good man!!! I don't think those are tri-tips, but regardless they look very delicious!

Strange looking Tri-Tips but they look like they turned out delicious. Good job! :clap:

Looks great to me and I would not know what a Tri Tip looked like.
cheers.
Titch

I wondered if those were tri-tips also. But who cares, they look awesome! I'd hit that!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Tri tip looks good, the beef look like its a quality cut.

Meat looks really good, but you can tell by the grain pattern and shape those are not tri tips. Some other cut of sirloin roast. I'd hit it hard anyways.

Looks great Marty! I've not tried 3Eyz but I know that Tatonka Dust is killer. One of my favorites!! :thumb:

Here is the deal with this "Tri-Tip"... We called into one of our local grocery stores since we do not have readily available Tri-Tips in any of our stores. Finally found a store that said they don't carry them, but they would "cut" some for us that afternoon. I don't believe this cut was 100% a true Tri-Tip as we have had that cut before and didn't look the same. I think this time we got a sloppy butcher and it was 1/2 Tri-Tip and 1/2 bottom Sirloin. Whatever it was, it was damn good!

Back