Contest Announcment Grillstock 2013 BBQ competition & festival London and Bristol,England

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
With 24 team spaces available and filled within hours of announcing registration was open for the Bristol event a reserve list is being taken into consideration. Grillstock will see four teams from the US, several from Estonia as well as Denmark, Holland and Scotland competing this year!!

Bristol 11th - 12 May
London- 15 - 16th June

https://grillstock.co.uk/

QN- I'm thinking yes. We have two including Ray ( Dr.BBQ) again this year and others possible yet to be confirmed. Would love to have you and yours at the largest BBQ competition / music event in the UK. :thumb:

Contact Sarah Wilkinson at sarah@grillstock.co.uk for more info. Let her know I sent you.

Cheers,
DrSweetsmoke

I actually might think about taking that trip to judge one of these.

FYI, this is not KCBS and the judging procedures are quite different. Here is an explanation. Very limited on the judges involved.

Teams turn in a box with at least 8 samples and open garnish. The turn in times are staggered by a few minutes and the same 6 to 8 judges taste every entry. Team count is limited to 24 and the meat categories are separated by a couple hours so it’s doable. The judges are featured throughout the event as the experts. The same 6-7 judge every piece of meat.

Hope this information is helpful.

FYI, this is not KCBS and the judging procedures are quite different. Here is an explanation. Very limited on the judges involved.

Teams turn in a box with at least 8 samples and open garnish. The turn in times are staggered by a few minutes and the same 6 to 8 judges taste every entry. Team count is limited to 24 and the meat categories are separated by a couple hours so it’s doable. The judges are featured throughout the event as the experts. The same 6-7 judge every piece of meat.

Hope this information is helpful.

That sounds like a lot of meat to be sampled by only a few judges.... meat coma???

Back