• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Paul Kirk Class

Eggspert

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Paul Kirk is doing a competition BBQ class in our area soon. I was wondering if any members have been to his class. Is it beneficial. Would you recommend a new competition team goes. Please share any thoughts/ideas.

Jennifer Amundson
Eggspert BBQ
3 Lg BGE
Stoker

i have
got my rub down to a art
the class should be rub 101 this is all i did learn from this
but this rub has won me an lot of money

I took the class. He teaches it from the ground up as if nobody in the class knows anything about BBQ, because some of them won't

The rub making part of the class really is great. I have a strong suspicion that a certain rub that may or may not be the most popular rub out there for comps may have been created using his formula or something close to it.

I can't speak on the class, but I can say this. I have had the honor of cooking with Paul in two comps by my side. I have learned quite a few tricks that he taught me, and will always use them. One time I almost had a meltdown because I forgot one of his steps!

Anything you can leard from the man is good!

Its been a long time ago when we were in one of his classes but we also learned a lot. Paul has a lot of bbq knowledge and it's worth listening.

Dang, checked into attending that class myself, but it's held on the day I leave for vacation. If I could...I would be there!!

Back