• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

RIBS - Dirty Dalmatian Flea Powder

B

barbefunkoramaque

After a year of cooking for the Church and adjusting the seasoning to both be "inspiring" to the young folk and "natural" enough for those with health concerns I have toned down my ribs a bit where the majority agrees they are the best Texas Brand they have had recently.

I nixed the Lawreys at the beginning, was more generous with my Bitt Glitter, still keep the sinew off and added this less salty mod for the ribs. I was missing a final sprinkle of large grained stuff and came up with this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PopdaddysBBQ#p/u/0/Wzi1JvgHA2A

Interesting, I will give that a shot WSM style and report! So it's Butt Glitter, smoke for a while, than a 50/50 mixture of black pepper and dirty dalmation, correct? What kind of temps were you running at?

interesting, i will give that a shot wsm style and report! So it's butt glitter, smoke for a while, than a 50/50 mixture of black pepper and dirty dalmation, correct? What kind of temps were you running at?

250-300

Ironic, using youre main tri level recipe I sub half the salt for course ground dried Morel mushrooms on beef.
For ribs and pork I use half the salt and wait for the meat to swell and use dehydrated brown sugar. Cant put it on at the start due to temps but 3/4 of the way through the cook it doesn't burn

yes.. for those that like sweeter ribs this is what I'd do except I like dehydrated honey.

This recipe is for those that want the west texas flavor though so there is not sugar that comes close to the meat. Ever.

Absolutely beautiful Donnie or as I like to say, "bella bene multo bene". I like the idea of tossing all the sausitsa on top of those ribs. What is the reasoning for waiting an hour to toss on the DD flea powder rub? Also, are you using a fine ground black pepper, coarse ground, or combo of the two? You also you are still keeping the sinew off, does that mean you are stripping off the membrane on the back?

Absolutely beautiful Donnie or as I like to say, "bella bene multo bene". I like the idea of tossing all the sausitsa on top of those ribs. What is the reasoning for waiting an hour to toss on the DD flea powder rub? Also, are you using a fine ground black pepper, coarse ground, or combo of the two? You also you are still keeping the sinew off, does that mean you are stripping off the membrane on the back?

Well, I usually liked to let those ribs enter into that first sweat ya know. then as it dries the peppers really bond to the meat.

I used the larger grained pepper... If i used regualr pepper it would be way too hot. Sam carried to grades of pepper not including peppercorns. get the larger grained.

I will NEVER take the sinew off with this smoker, or my Meat Mama. Due to my temps and the pits themselves my sinew has a snap like smoked DJ's Boudain if anyone knows what that is like. Typically sinew is like a bad Boudain skin. This is due to the lower temps. Some of my silverskins are crisp in fact.

At a comp, yes I would take it off.

There is another thing my ribs have when done like this. A pink ring... a RING NOT pink all the way through.

I still have a few slabs of vacuum packed ribs in the freezer I need to polish off. I bookmarked this thread though, it's on my list!

I could have sworn I posted this before... so... how did they eventually come out?

Back