Bay Area/Norcal Bash Saturday Nov 17th

So, I will make:

3. Chicken or rabbit Paella. Depends on which one I hit with the truck first.

So, I've heard of the chicken crossing the road, but never that rabbit, so I'm gather the odds will be on chicken Paella :becky:.

Looks like we need an update:

Attendees:
Igotgas
MikeyD
OldSmoke
Smokejumper
Groundhog66
Barts
R2Egg2Q
Marty
Landarc
Will work for Food
Hkeiner
BBQ Lover
Oakpit
BBQ Grail
SirPorkalot (maybe)
Smoothsmoke (maybe)
Rbarck
Pizzaman
Chuckwagon (prolly not but who knows)

Meats and other food:
brisket
pastrami(x2)
wings -Jamaican Jerk
Hot (but not too hot) Wings
Paella - chicken or wabbit
tri-tip chili
white chicken chili
pig shots
some pizza dough & pizza toppings
cookies

Mini Egg
Midi Egg
Large Egg
Hasty Bake
Fabulous Custom Made catering rig
Kettle-26" kettle
Another kettle or two
UDS?
5 canopies (maybe 6)
6 tables (maybe 7)

-------------
A couple of the items above I will be bringing - pig shots and some pizza dough & pizza toppings. I plan on having the Small/Midi Egg fired up with a 10" baking stone for making some personal sized pizzas. I'll also have a pizza peel, dough roller, and dough docker. Anyone is welcome to bring more dough and/or toppings as they wish to make their own pizza creation.

Dave - In regards to your question about how early folks are arriving, I can only say I plan on cooking brisket at home and will likely wander in around 9 AM. Would you have a little space available in the back of your shop for any items that can be dropped off a day early? I'm thinking my car might be a bit space challenged on Sat. If I can drop off some things on Fri like folding tables, canopy, Eggs, and chafers that would make my Sat a lot easier.

I'll do some chicken thighs, no sense in having too many wings. Any chance we will have a portable Santa Maria pit there, preferable with a flat expanded metal grid?

I know that we going to have some TT chili but I have been working on a white chicken chili that I am seriously thinking of bringing. Whadaya say, two types of chili?

And I'll chip in a big "Hell Yes" to this chili, please bring it.

Any chance we will have a portable Santa Maria pit there, preferable with a flat expanded metal grid?
There's the Santa Maria pit on my trailer, but it has rolled steel not expanded. However, I do have the expanded metal from my home pit that I can bring it. Will the work?

Dave - Would you have a little space available in the back of your shop for any items that can be dropped off a day early? I'm thinking my car might be a bit space challenged on Sat. If I can drop off some things on Fri like folding tables, canopy, Eggs, and chafers that would make my Sat a lot easier.
Plenty of room, so bring them on by :thumb:.

I'll be leaving here on Friday morning.
Depending on traffic and stops I should be in Livermore by mid afternoon, and will be available to help with set-up etc.what ever ya need, Friday and/or Saturday.

In addition to a canopy, my chair, tables, small trash cans, I will supply:
Consumables available for use by all......

Consumable products inventory: approximated
250 6" styro bowls
250 6" paper plates
350 12" paper plates
350 ea HD plastic knives, forks, and spoons
500 dinner napkins
30 half size, steam table, deep aluminum pans
over half a roll (1000') of 12" foil
6 rolls paper towels

Oh yeah! lots of "Caution Tape" :shock:

The last head count I saw was 17 "for sure" with several more "possibles" with families and friends I'm guessing about 75-100 total, is that still accurate?

I'm hoping someone "in the know" will chime-in to let me know by Thursday, if the number of attendees is greater, so I can pick-up additional products, if needed.

OH! I will also bring some doughnuts Saturday morning.

See Ya There

Hey Rick, I think the total will be somewhere around 17 to 20, but I don't think we'll end up with 75 to 100. Probably more like 30ish, so I'm sure you've got enough of everything, even if 100 show :biggrin1:.

So far I haven't got any special requests to be at the store to terribly early, so as of now, I'm thinking 8:00 am, unless I hear otherwise, and coffee will be ready to go.

Hey Rick, I think the total will be somewhere around 17 to 20, but I don't think we'll end up with 75 to 100. Probably more like 30ish, so I'm sure you've got enough of everything, even if 100 show :biggrin1:.

OK! cool...
I'll stop by the shop Friday afternoon.
Thanks

Dave, I am going to need your MAK running at 250 by 9am. I will need it for about 2 hours. Is that OK? With what I committed for food, I am going to be a busy guy!

Dave, I am going to need your MAK running at 250 by 9am. I will need it for about 2 hours. Is that OK? With what I committed for food, I am going to be a busy guy!

Marty
I'll be in town on friday and I can be "another pair of hands" if ya need them. Let me know.

Scratch me off the list, my honey do list for thanksgiving is going to consume my whole weekend. I'm so bummed, it looks like it's really shaping up to be an epic bash.

I have to bail as well, I ended up being reminded that I am at a swim meet this weekend, it was quite a surprise. But, kids over BBQ is the rule for me, otherwise, I have no structure to my life at all.

Back