View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #132
ewatts2003
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanton View Post
All valid points and really comes down to what do you need to enjoy it. I too started in two tents, and a small rental trailer just to haul the cabinet smoker. It only took a couple of contest to realize how exhausting it was to pickup rental trailers, load/unload/load/unload, then put everything away once home to realize that was not fun for me. So I made the decision to go all in in order to provide the enjoyment to the weekend. Goes back to any hobby. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it.
Same here. I started with pretty much bare essentials and then stepped up to a 6x12 cargo trailer that is multi-use (bbq in summer, decoys in fall/winter). I've done 3 contests out of the trailer now and I already find myself looking for another upgrade to a toy hauler or porch trailer to make it more enjoyable for the family/friends that come with. The tents work, the trailer works, but to me it's become something more than just a competition. It's become a weekend getaway to enjoy time with family and friends and meet a lot of great people.

Thanks from: --->