1st Yardbird on the Performer...PRON INSIDE!

417bullelk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
You guys were right again...the chicken came out great, the family said it was my best to date......some pron for you to gawk at.....gotta love thighs, legs, and breasts.....

Ready to cook...

IMG_2362.jpg

Love the gas assist.....

IMG_2379.jpg

Half-way done...

IMG_2384.jpg

Almost ready!!

IMG_2385.jpg

Can ya smell it....

IMG_2389-1.jpg

Thighs, Legs, and Breasts....a little Plowboys Yardbird Rub and Sweet Baby Rays...mixed with some Original Head Country..thinned down a little.....

IMG_2391-1.jpg

The end results....

IMG_2386.jpg

I THINK I'M IN LOVE......

IMG_2374.jpg

I forgot to ask one thing...you guys with comp experience, what are the factors that chicken is judged on?

Thanks,I am, along with that Yardbird rub...it is some great stuff! Won't do chicken without it. I shared the last order with the guys at work..now I'm down to about a pound left. Time to reorder!!

Nice to see you putting that thing to use. Great job.
Opted not to use the propane starter?

Yum! Yardbird rubbed chicken. It's the favorite around my house too.

Looks real tasty.

guess I got to try this yardbird stuff :)

lookes great, I cant say what judges want, I don't compete

Opted not to use the propane starter?

I used the propane starter to light the chimney. I was a little pressed for time so I just loaded up a chimney and let it rip. It seems to be faster than taking the time to make a pile and igniting it. Plus, I hadn't tried lighting the chimney with the propane starter so I wanted to see how well it worked.:rolleyes:

I HIGHLY recommend the Plowboys Yardbird Rub. Great balance of flavors and made the chicken a nice color.

Back