Help Big Mista Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done, good luck Mista & Mrs Mista. Hope to stop in if I can arrange a business trip to our office in Irvine.

Thank you Jay for posting this!

We are truly humbled by the support you all have shown us!

We were anxious about doing this at first for two reasons. One, because it's really hard to ask for help and two because this is an all or nothing deal. If we don't hit our goal in 30 days then none of the funding happens.

It's times like this that we fall back on our faith in God and our faith in our friends. Thank you all for stepping up to help us. Please share this with your friends so that we can hit our goal and have all of this effort mean something.

Thank you all again!

Someone stick this info on the Brethren FB page yet? We can share it from there and get this thing rollin'!

All right - I stuck it up there, now it can be shared with non-Brethrenites

Last edited:
Thank you Jay for posting this!

We are truly humbled by the support you all have shown us!

We were anxious about doing this at first for two reasons. One, because it's really hard to ask for help and two because this is an all or nothing deal. If we don't hit our goal in 30 days then none of the funding happens.

It's times like this that we fall back on our faith in God and our faith in our friends. Thank you all for stepping up to help us. Please share this with your friends so that we can hit our goal and have all of this effort mean something.

Thank you all again!

In addition to cash, what else do you need? Helping hands? Power Tools? Decorations? handbill passer outers? prayers?

Prayers are always good. Don't know about the rest until plans are approved.

...bump...

If you are on the fence about participating with the Kickstarter project, please read the following post from Mrs. Mister, and that will clear up any apprehension. I absolutely LOVE the last sentence!!

http://bigmista.com/true-to-barbecue/

I'm in too, no shipping in my hood though!
After starting up the restaurant, Bigmista and Mrs Mista might be needing a vacation, so maybe personal delivery is an option for you

update: as of 1/25/14 at 6:51am PST the project has 43 backers with $2,852 pledged, and 27 days to go. I'm no expert in Kickstarter but I have to imagine that most of the funding takes place at the start of a project, and if that is the case, then the support needs to increase. It is trending at an average of $950/day for the first 3 days, or a total pledge of $28,500 (less than the required $30,000). Based on the assumption of less pledging after the initial rollout, I am concerned that the end result will be less than that. Please share the word about this, as many of us are on other forums where they might want to participate as well.

Thank You for your support
bartles_and_jaymes.jpg

Done. I hope more of the Brethren see this and offer to help out. Neil is a great supporter of the Brethren, let's all support him. I look forward to eating more of his BBQ soon.

Done!

I don't have Facebook but I was able to send the link to my friends that do. They are already posting about this locally.

Bump... Neil is a friend, hasn't asked me (or anyone else here) to post this, but it would be great for fellow brethren to help him out. If everyone who looks at this post could give a little he might get the funding. That would help one more of our fellow brethren live his BBQ dream.

Done Rubs would have been nice but did not see the sence on taking away part of the donation

Anyone try them Mojo bricks Big Mista is always talking about. ?
Just sayin, they are great on chicken, and I've seen him putting them in his spice wine smoker that he takes to the farmers markets. Also, if you have not tried his chicken scratch, you are missing out. That stuff is the best rub I've ever put on chicken. Make sure you get some.

update: as of 1/26/14 at 6:25am PST the project has 52 backers with $3,337 pledged, and 26 days left... the past 24hrs = 9 backers, with $485 pledged. Now this project needs an average of $1,025.50/day for the next 26 days

Based on the current pledges, the average pledge amount is $64.17. To reach the $30,000 goal, this will require 468 pledges of $64.17. At the current pace, this will be difficult to reach.

My recommendation to Bigmista and Mrs Mista is to add some higher level pledge items, as the current pace is concerning me. I believe the per pledge amount is very good, but the number of pledges required for this type of project might be unrealistic.

Could there be a high-pledge option for a Founders Wall of Fame to be included in the lobby (depending on the restaurant design, this might be a personalized glazed tile or Marty Leach woodburned item with the pledger's name), a menu item to be named after the pledger, a cooking class/catering offer/"join Bigmista's team at a BBQ competition"/etc? If there are some $250, $500, $1000+ options available, there is a good possibility that there are supporters who will be both willing and able to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back