View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Received this email yesterday;

Operation BBQ Relief, Inc
October 30, 2012Greetings!

Operation BBQ Relief Response to Hurricane Sandy aka "Frankenstorm 2012"!
Operation BBQ Relief is mobilizing!

To any of our followers in the Northeast we hope that you and your families are safe and out of harms way!

Sorry for a second email but in the first email we had a reference to New Orleans rather than the Northeast United States.

We have made the decision to mobilize resources but are still waiting for information on what areas need the most assistance. The "big" groups are focusing on the major metros right now so we are looking at other areas that will need our help! With over 7 million people without power and more power loss expected we hope to have locations locked down by end of today.

What can you do? Below are our needs:

1 - Volunteers: If you would like to volunteer to help cook and serve food with us please email us at: [email protected] The location(s) still needs to be determined, we are working with the local Emergency Operations Center and other locals on a good location(s).

2 - Food and Non-Food Supplies - We are still working on the projection of meals a day but with the power outages and damaged areas 3000-5000 is a safe estimate. Here is the list of items we need:

Protein - pork butt, pork loin, sausage, chicken, etc
Bread
Chips
Water and Gatorade
Aluminum Pans (full sized)
Aluminum Foil (large roll wide)
Disposable Rubber Gloves - Large and XLarge
Clam Shells
Flatware
Paper towels
clorox wipes and spray bleach
serving utensils
wood, pellets and charcoal
etc... I am sure we are missing some things but these are the basics.

3 - Monetary Donation - Lastly, if you are unable to volunteer and do not have the ability to help with items needed above you can always go to our website and make a monetary donation. Every little bit helps! Go to: www.operationbbqrelief.org and click the donate button on the left side! As a 501c3 not-for- profit your donations are tax deductible.

Please share this email with your friends and help us get the word out on what we need! Thank you for your continued support!

Stay tuned to our facebook page for updated information!

We continue to pray for all the families that have been effected by Hurricane Sandy! Thanks Again!

If you have not liked us on Facebook please go to: www.Facebook.com/OperationBBQRelief or on twitter at www.twitter.com/OpBBQRelief

Sincerely,

Operation BBQ Relief

Will surely make a donation, spread the word, wish we could do more. I just can't believe what I've been seeing on the news. Prayers for all as well...
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->