• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Coming to Chapel Hill NC

jeffjenkins1

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I will be in Chapel Hill NC from 2/3-2/7, anyone free for diner or lunch?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I'm currently scheduled to be here that week! If so, I'm normally at the Blue Note on Tuesday and Thursday and Q-shack on Wednesday. Be great to see you again! I'm sure we'll get things firmed up in the coming weeks.

Hey Jeff and Gore,

Is there still a get-together planned for next week??? I may have an opportunity to join you if you wouldn't mind. :clap2:

Let me know when and where if I'm invited. If I don't hear from you I will totally understand! It's okay, I can take rejection!:doh: :cry:

Hi Tom,
I'd love to meet you. I'll be in town next week, Monday through Friday. I usually arrive Monday and leave on Friday. My typical routine is to catch Blues open mic at the Blue Note Grill. It's great entertainment for me and the atmosphere is VERY friendly. I also go to the original Q-Shack on Wednesday for their Bluegrass. Neither of these places has your typical NC BBQ -- well, maybe Blue Note does, but the brisket and ribs are usually great at Q Shack, ribs and beer are great at Blue Note and the entertainment is great at both. Thursday I'm normally back at the Blue Note for a set band, but I'm more free that night. I'm also happy to try someplace else. You know I work with George when I'm down there, so I can try to bring him along too. There's a nice Turkish restaurant (Bergama) in your neck of the woods that I'm sure he'd love to try. I haven't heard anything since the last posts here, but I'm certainly available!

I don't know what Jeff's plan is, but Tom and I will meet at the Original Q-Shack on University in Durham at about 7:30pm on Wednesday. The band takes a break about then and the place clears out, so there will be some open tables.

http://www.theqshackoriginal.com/

It is Texas-style BBQ, and I lean toward the brisket (both chopped and sliced are usually very good), and the ribs also are quite nice. I also like the Cobb salad and their spinach is wonderful (for side). One other thing I should mention is that parking can be tight and the parking lot across the street does tow. If you can't get a spot in their lot, there are a few sidestreets up university Blvd (away from the traffic light) that you can park on in the residential area. It's about a three minute walk.

Tom,

I'm afraid you may not realize what you have gotten yourself into.

Gore - I think I can find a good Greek place to go to instead of your tur.... place.

That being said, I'm hoping I can make it Wednesday night.

For the record, I am alive, I will be available on Wednesday and yes Bob, Gore and I are meeting on our own or maybe a threesome or foursome ... don't be too jealous...

Jeff

Why is your green light on? Aren't you supposed to be working?

I can get there at 6:30 if we need to get THE table.

Why is your green light on? Aren't you supposed to be working?

I can get there at 6:30 if we need to get THE table.

uhhhhh, I'm taking a lunch break. :becky: Hey, your green light is on too! ... and I know you're supposed to be working. :tsk: (I guess that's what happens when the boss takes off for a doctor's appointment at 11:30 and doesn't come back). OK, I can go for 6:30. I'm happy to eat hush puppies and listen to the band waiting for others to show up.

Back